What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad YouTube Tweak

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unlike some other users, the YouTube App works great on my iPad. But some of the longer videos sometimes stutter or stop to buffer, even though I am in Korea and the WiFi here is lightning fast.

However, I stumbled across a tweak that seems to really improve YouTube performance for me.

Connect your Wifi, and then go to Settings, Genera, Network and click the blue arrow for your WiFi connection. In the DNS setting, change the server setting to 8.8.8.8

This has totally eliminated all buffering for me. Like I said, YouTube was working fine for me, but this tweak made it even better, because now I can speed scrub through video clips in no time.

Hope this helps.

travroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unlike some other users, the YouTube App works great on my iPad. But some of the longer videos sometimes stutter or stop to buffer, even though I am in Korea and the WiFi here is lightning fast.

However, I stumbled across a tweak that seems to really improve YouTube performance for me.

Connect your Wifi, and then go to Settings, Genera, Network and click the blue arrow for your WiFi connection. In the DNS setting, change the server setting to 8.8.8.8

This has totally eliminated all buffering for me. Like I said, YouTube was working fine for me, but this tweak made it even better, because now I can speed scrub through video clips in no time.

Hope this helps.
Still painfully slow on anything close to high quality in YouTube. How embarrassing. Its probably my brand new wifi router, or the brand new wifi router I bought before that..

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I simply want to be rid of YouTube. I'm beginning to resent that Apple preinstalled it and makes it undeletable.

Most reactions

Latest posts