What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to speed up YouTube on iPad?

Jorge Munoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one thing that I found I was having issues with with my new iPad is the slow loading of YouTube videos, I’ve now found that changing the DNS settings for the iPads Internet connection.
Simply go to the wifi settings and click on DNS, then type: 208.67.222.222
Here are the picture instructions:

Mike-e

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you still have problems even though you're connected thru wifi? I have problems with it when I'm at home and not connected to my wifi. Seems like they should make something that actually uploads the videos fast. Sometimes I use my download hd app and it makes it a bit fast but wont help as much as I would want ir to.

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one thing that I found I was having issues with with my new iPad is the slow loading of YouTube videos, I’ve now found that changing the DNS settings for the iPads Internet connection.

208.67.222.222 is open DNS2. It may be the fastest from your site and may not be. You can get a free program called namebench from google that will benchmark DNS servers from your site. It will give you a list of the fastest ones.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like your ISPs DNS suck.

OpenDNS servers are fairly fast, but the Level 3 servers tend to be faster for me.

4.2.2.2, 4.2.2.3, 4.2.2.4, 4.2.2.5, 4.2.2.6

Easier to remember too. :)

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team

208.67.222.222 is open DNS2. It may be the fastest from your site and may not be. You can get a free program called namebench from google that will benchmark DNS servers from your site. It will give you a list of the fastest ones.

yes, if you want the best dns for your location use Namebench.

also changing the dns wont improve your download speeds from the site.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a DNS issue then all of your connections requiring name resolution would be having issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts