What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solution to slow YouTube on iPad

Ioannis Zerdes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one thing that I found I was having issues with with my new iPad is the slow loading of YouTube videos, I’ve now found that changing the DNS settings for the iPads Internet connection will solve the problem!

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Would it be fair to day that this is predicated on the provider that you are using for name resolution? Do you know who hosts the DNS server for the IP address that is referenced in the post?

RockyMtnGal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Changing DNS did not help me

Well, after reading multiple posts about changing DNS settings, I ran the benchmark tool to find the fastest DNS. Changed it and it did not make one bit of difference. YT still crawls on iPad. This guy confirms that changing DNS settings does not help (apparently it helps some and not others).
He says about this problem:
Your DNS settings are wrong: the DNS lookup is taking too long and by switching to OpenDNS or Google’s (conspiracy theory alert) DNS everything fixes itself. This makes no sense during video buffer (DNS lookup is complete) and does not explain why other devices don’t have this issue.

Bingo....did not help me at all.

Most reactions

Latest posts