What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad worth driving three hours round trip???

Universal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I found a Best Buy about 100 miles from my house that currently has ten 32GB WiFi models available, which is what I want.

So, my question is is it worth that kind of trip to buy one? I realize I'm asking a biased group here, but I was just curious what your answers would be before I jumped in the car in the middle of the day.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thousands of people have camped all night for one and millions have sat in anticipation looking out of the window obsessively for the delivery van.

3 hours round trip? I'd say yeah, all the way.

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, thats way too far to drive for one.

Where is this Best Buy Store?

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get in your car and pick it up ASAP.

I would drive much further than that for an iPad. Don't even use my MacBook Pro anymore. Go get it!!! Then when you get home your unboxing will be so satisfying.
:ipad-front::ipad-back::ipad-front::ipad-back::ipad-front:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did. And my wife was like "why do we need to do this right now?" (we were flying out the next morning for a vacation)...and the reason is - they're sold out almost everywhere, especially the 64GB wifi only at the time. Then she ended up having to wait 3 weeks for hers she understood why I wanted it right then and there.

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will they hold it for you with a credit card? Otherwise it may ge gone by the time you get there. p.s. Luv my 64 GB one.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will they hold it for you with a credit card? Otherwise it may ge gone by the time you get there. p.s. Luv my 64 GB one.
Best Buys you can buy it over the phone and pick it up later. That's what I did.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best Buys you can buy it over the phone and pick it up later. That's what I did.

Interesting. Their actual policy is that store pickup and holds are not allowed for iPads - first come, first served in store only. Somebody broke the rules for you :)

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess they did. I called from my local Best Buy which was sold out, gave them my credit card information over the phone, paid, and went and picked up about 6 hours later at customer service.

I don't see what the big deal is. A sale is a sale is a sale whether it is over the phone or not.

That was also the first week or so they were out, so perhaps they have changed their policy since then.

OP
U

Universal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I did it...kind of.

My parents live about 20 miles from the store that had them in stock, so my Dad drove up and got one for me. I will get it by Thursday via UPS.

BTW, the Best Buy location is in Charlotte, NC - Rea Rd. location. They have several different models still in stock as of 4:00 PM today if anyone in that area is in need.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. This will be my first Apple product other than an iPod.

Last edited:

mraif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got back from a 2 hour round trip from Best Buy. I checked online and called the store before I left. She said they had 64GB 3G's in stock but couldn't hold any (contrary to what other stores said). So I got in the car and set a new record (thankful for radar detectors).

I walked in and they had ONE left!! For sure --- worth the trip.

Most reactions

Latest posts