What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad worth driving three hours round trip???

Wetstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had one on order from Apple .. Best Buy, also a little over an hour from me, were getting them in on a Friday (about a week before mine was due) But, they would only start selling at 5pm .. and would not let me give a Visa # to reserve or tell me how many they would have. But, they would be TAX FREE in Delaware, so the full upgrade would only cost me a few more bucks.

F'it. I was not going to drive there only to find I was 11th in line on a 10 Pad allotment. Screw'm. ...I don't like places like Best Buy anyway, so I'm glad my money did not go there.

I don't mind my money making Steve Jobs & Co. even more rich, he's made my life pretty easy for the last 20yrs.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you buy Apple products from Best Buy or any other reseller, all the money goes straight to Apple anyways.

Best Buy buys directly from Apple for the same price you and I would pay - Apple has no corporate or large quantity discount, so Best Buy makes no profit on Apple products.

They make their money on their service plans, geek squad, etc. and from other products.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And the fact that they've just gotten you to their store so now when you walk past all the accessories and whatnot, you remember "oh crap I need a new keyboard or headphones" or "let's see what new PC games are out" etc.

Free advertising basically...just takes up space in their store.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And the fact that they've just gotten you to their store so now when you walk past all the accessories and whatnot, you remember "oh crap I need a new keyboard or headphones" or "let's see what new PC games are out" etc.

Free advertising basically...just takes up space in their store.

Exactly. It increases their marketshare because it brings people to their stores and you're then more likely to go back there for other things.

0002S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So is ordering from Apple and waiting 5-7 business days too much?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly. It increases their marketshare because it brings people to their stores and you're then more likely to go back there for other things.
I get stuff from there all the time. Sure, I can order online but some things you just need IMMEDIATELY and can't wait to get shipped. Like when I spilled water all over my G15 gaming keyboard and ruined it. Or a video game that I want right then and there instead of waiting.

Up to you. Can you wait that long?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Is the wait back down to 7 business days? Last I heard it was 10...

As for the wait, it's up to the person. Once I realized there weren't any in stock in Chicago, I placed my order and forgot about it until it got here. However, I'm an impulse roadtrip kind of guy, so if some store had said "We don't have any here, but there are some in Indianapolis..." I'd have had my shades on and my mp3 plugged in, ready to go.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you think about how much you spend on an iPad, driving for three hours is not a big deal. To me, A five hour round trip is a nusciance that I make several times a month.

largefarva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol I have a 4 hour round trip commute I make everyday to go to work. Three hour round trip drive is nothing anymore.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely go get it, call ahead and see if they'll hold one. It's easy for me to say that though as I normally have about that much of a trip for ANYTHING I can't get from Wal-Mart! Living in the country is wonderful.......except for the lack of shopping!

0002S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Up to you. Can you wait that long?

1st one I walked up to the Apple store on opening day right before closing and bought one. (stood in line 15 minutes)

2nd one I waited 8 working days because both local Apple stores were out

I won't drive more than 30 miles for any non-necessity that can be delivered. ;)

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Are you f*****g crazy??? GET REAL!!!!!
No, do not drive 3 hours for an iPad!!!
Again, just in case you think I am being sarcastic or something...NO DO NOT DRIVE 3 BLOODY HOURS TO BUY AN iPAD! THAT IS RETARDED.
You are being impatient and you will regret it later.
Get one eventually, sure, but just pick one up sometime when you can get one close-by, or order one online. It's not THAT great.

The bandwagon MUST be getting full by now!

Ignore this person... he is a troll, just look at his other post..... sad really....:mad:

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you f*****g crazy??? GET REAL!!!!!
No, do not drive 3 hours for an iPad!!!
Again, just in case you think I am being sarcastic or something...NO DO NOT DRIVE 3 BLOODY HOURS TO BUY AN iPAD! THAT IS RETARDED.
You are being impatient and you will regret it later.
Get one eventually, sure, but just pick one up sometime when you can get one close-by, or order one online. It's not THAT great.

The bandwagon MUST be getting full by now!

Ignore this person... he is a troll, just look at his other post..... sad really....:mad:

Holy $@&*, you are not kidding. If you ever want to get depressed, read this guys posts, he is truly a sad case and apparently is unhappy with life in general.

Most reactions

Latest posts