What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad wont update to iOS 5.0.1

dulce316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm praying someone can help me with this. I just bought my brother's iPad off of him a couple days ago, and I can't get it to update from iOS 4.2.1 to iOS 5.0.1. I've been trying to fix this all morning, but I just can't figure it out. I'm pretty frustrated by now... I have Windows 7 and AVG free virus protection. The iPad is a 1st generation 16GB.

So, here's what keeps happening:

It does a backup, and then I get an error that says "An error occured while backing up this iPad (-5000). Would you like to continue to update this iPad?"

So, I press continue.

It extracts the software, attempts to verify the iPad with Apple, and that's where it stops and gives me the message "The iPad 'Tonya's Ipad' could not be restored. An unknown error occured (3194)"

This is what I've done so far to try and fix it:

I've uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes
I've reset the iPad settings through general-->reset-->reset all
I've done the whole hold down the power button and home button and release when the apple comes up
I made sure that the iPad USB was the only one connected
I've deleted all the backups and tried to start fresh
I've tried to just restore through iTunes, and I got the 3194 message.
I've disabled my firewall and antivirus and tried to update.
I also made sure my windows is up to date and restarted the computer God knows how many times! LOL

I've tried to check the ports, but I have no idea what I'm looking for! LOL

If anyone could help I would be so grateful!

Thank you!

Tonya

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's see if this will help: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

This tutorial was written by one of our experts, f4780y. If you follow it, step by step, you should be good to go.

Obviously, if you get stuck on a step, or if it wasn't "failsafe" for you - give us a shout and we'll see what else can be done. Good luck and please, let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Robinbx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I've got 4.2.1 and I won't be moving a muscle until I see how this turns out.

Most reactions

Latest posts