What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad ios 5.0.1 Charging Problem

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well at home i have a usb hub which i used to charge my ipad with ever since i bought it. and not once did i receive a not charging problem or anything. and at school or anywhere else i would use my official iphone charger to charge my ipad. but since i have upgraded to ios 5.0.1 its not charging on any one of them. i have to use another usb wall adapter i got for my bluetooth headset to charge it. i have tried them all with my iphone and they charge it perfectly. my ipad is currently on ios 5.0.1 jailbroken.

i know people are going to answer and say stuff like
  • use the original charger
  • usb ports dont carry enough power to charge it
  • and other stuff
but if you read my post you would know that my ipad USED to charge with those charges prior to running ios 5!

i keep getting a error that says "this device does not support charging" or something similar. ill try to remember to write it down next time it appears

Last edited:

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kingnba6 said:
well at home i have a usb hub which i used to charge my ipad with ever since i bought it. and not once did i receive a not charging problem or anything. and at school or anywhere else i would use my official iphone charger to charge my ipad. but since i have upgraded to ios 5.0.1 its not charging on any one of them. i have to use another usb wall adapter i got for my bluetooth headset to charge it. i have tried them all with my iphone and they charge it perfectly. my ipad is currently on ios 5.0.1 jailbroken.

i know people are going to answer and say stuff like

[*]use the original charger
[*]usb ports dont carry enough power to charge it
[*]and other stuff
but if you read my post you would know that my ipad USED to charge with those charges prior to running ios 5!

i keep getting a error that says "this device does not support charging" or something similar. ill try to remember to write it down next time it appears

[QUOTE="]

This may or may not help you. But I hand the iPad 1 as well. I have the newest version as you do. My iPad is charging perfectly.

What I am writing here it looks like he new software version possibly is not causing your iPad not to charge.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have an iPad 1 on 5.0.1 that is JB. I have no issues whatsoever charging my iPad. I am charging right now with the iPod/iPhone charger and have no issues.
Perhaps there is something wrong internally or with the charging port.

OP
K

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may or may not help you. But I hand the iPad 1 as well. I have the newest version as you do. My iPad is charging perfectly.

What I am writing here it looks like he new software version possibly is not causing your iPad not to charge.

yeah thats what i was thinking it could be the problem..

I also have an iPad 1 on 5.0.1 that is JB. I have no issues whatsoever charging my iPad. I am charging right now with the iPod/iPhone charger and have no issues.
Perhaps there is something wrong internally or with the charging port.

i guess you are the people that dont read the whole post? if you read it you would know that my ipad is NOW only charging thru a different usb wall adapter. but the oem apple iphone charger and other chargers (which were working with my ipad until i upgraded to ios5) are NOT charging the ipad NOW.

so the port would have nothing to do with this

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[QUOTE="]

You might want to purchase a new charger for your iPad just to see if that might be the problem since there are other methods that seem to be working for you. I have had to do that with iPhones before. One time it was the charger itself then it was the charging line itself.

OP
K

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but the charger isnt the problem. all my past chargers worked till i updated to ios5. the problem is most likely with the firmware.

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i guess you are the people that dont read the whole post? if you read it you would know that my ipad is NOW only charging thru a different usb wall adapter. but the oem apple iphone charger and other chargers (which were working with my ipad until i upgraded to ios5) are NOT charging the ipad NOW.

so the port would have nothing to do with this
I guess you're just a jerk. I read your whole post, maybe you're just too stupid to own technology.
Do your chargers have internal workings and a USB port on it??
Moron.

OP
K

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the oem charger is the Apple Charger! i have said that before. i have also tried it with a usb hub which used to charge my ipad before without a problem! how is the charger the problem when it worked perfectly on my ipad before ios5 and works on my iphone and ipod right now.

Most reactions

Latest posts