What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad wireless hotspot

j.horace06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newbie to this app. Does anyone kno how to get wireless or the hotspot for the iPad 1. Does the iPad 1 even offer the hotspot or wireless. Mmm.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Newbie to this app. Does anyone kno how to get wireless or the hotspot for the iPad 1. Does the iPad 1 even offer the hotspot or wireless. Mmm.

Unfortunately, no, the iPad1 can't be made a hotspot. However, you could try jail breaking it and installing a tweak that will allow it to be a hotspot. But - be aware - if you install such a tweak on the jail broken iPad, your carrier could notice and ask you to stop using the iPad as a hotspot or risk losing your carrier account. Just so's you know...

But, a stock iPad1? No can do. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
J

j.horace06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh ok. So how do I get certain apps or things on the I pad that require u to have a wireless connection. I mean I have own Internet idk why it doesn't work when it comes to downloading certain apps or other stuff .

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused as to what your situation is. You have an Internet connection, but you can't download apps? Can you tell us what the error code is that you are getting - or what is happening when you do try?

Marilyn

OP
J

j.horace06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I just got this iPad an when I was trying to download an app it asked me for a wifi connection or to download from itu

OP
J

j.horace06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sry disregard that message it was sent by accident. Ok so when I try downloading certain apps it says I need wifi connection or to use iTunes to download from my computer or something of that sort. I was looking on YouTube an I thought maybe I need a wifi wireless connection or a hotspot to take care of my problem then I couldn't figure out how to get the hotspot or wireless connection so thats how came about this app . I have my own Internet connection so I'm also confused as to why those apps I couldn't download. Another thing off that subject when I'm in the app store browsing apps sometimes it jus takes me to the home screen then I have to start over to get where I was at as far as a app I was planning to download. Is that normal.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does your iPad1 have cellular access (as well as WiFi)? Because, if you are using the cellular access the access the AppStore, you will get a notice to use WiFi (or iTunes) if the app you are trying to download is over 50mb in size. It's a restriction built in to save bandwidth. If this happens, you acres WiFi on your iPad and then re-try the download again; on WiFi there are no restrictions.

For the AppStore sending you back to the home screen unexpectedly, that's called a "crash." The iPad will do that sometimes, especially on the iPad1. There's no harm being done - its just your iPad's signal that it's run out of RAM. When this happens, close out all other apps, including the AppStore one (via the multi-task bar) and then re-launch the store; it should work. Just one of the limitations of "only" having 256K of RAM...

Hope this helped.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts