What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewanyoman92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello ,, i'm newbie to be here ..
anyone knowed how to make personal hotspot from iPad 2 ?? thanks before for your helped ..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.

However, I am sorry to tell you that the iPad2 cannot be used as a hotspot. Only the third generation and higher iPads (and the Mini) can be used as hot spots.

Sorry.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dewanyoman92 said:
hello ,, i'm newbie to be here ..
anyone knowed how to make personal hotspot from iPad 2 ?? thanks before for your helped ..

Welcome to the iPad Forums! We are a diverse collection of members from around the world, and from every walk of life. Many of our members volunteer their time to help other members with their problems and help them find answers to their questions. If a search of the forum threads doesn't result in the answer you need, don't hesitate to ask any questions in the appropriate forum.
Before posting, however, we ask that you please read the forum rules. http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

In answer to your question, there is no way for a stock iPad 2 to be used as a WiFi hotspot. That feature is available only to the iPad 3 and later.

OP
D

dewanyoman92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Hello and welcome to the forum.

However, I am sorry to tell you that the iPad2 cannot be used as a hotspot. Only the third generation and higher iPads (and the Mini) can be used as hot spots.

Sorry.

Marilyn

so , there's no way to make personal hotspot from iPad 2 ?? or can you give me another way ?? like using any application ?? :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dewanyoman92 said:
so , there's no way to make personal hotspot from iPad 2 ?? or can you give me another way ?? like using any application ?? :(

Not unless you have a jailbroken iPad. Which iOS version are you currently on?

OP
D

dewanyoman92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Not unless you have a jailbroken iPad. Which iOS version are you currently on?

iOS 6.0.1 ,, but i don't want to jailbroke my iPad .. have you another way ?? :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dewanyoman92 said:
iOS 6.0.1 ,, but i don't want to jailbroke my iPad .. have you another way ?? :(

Sorry, there is no way at all to add the hotspot feature to a stock iPad 2.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no hotspot feature on a stock iPad2. None.

And with that, since the question has been asked and answered (repeatedly) - this thread is closed. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts