What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad as a wifi hotspot

odonnks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if a new iPap (3) with wireless service can be configures to act as a wifi hotspot?

Thank you !

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can also confirm that my Verizon 4G iPad can also be used as a hot spot. I have only tried bluetooth.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon will allow the free use of an iPad as a hotspot. AT&T charges a fee for the service.

Dosher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have UK Vodafone 3G. No wifi hotspot facility - very disappointing.

cazzabee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my O2 iphone 4 as a personal hotspot for my ipad...decided not to go for 4g version of the ipad 3 because I could do this

dinusmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using Verizon and can say very good service if you need a wifi connection. its worth it.

pb3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Vodafone UK and I can use mine as a personal hotspot. works great.

That's interesting! You're the first person I've come across that has the personal hotspot on their iPad 3 on Vodafone UK.

Did you purchase your iPad 3 through Vodafone? Did you have to contact Vodafone to get the hotspot functionality enabled?

Most reactions

Latest posts