What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Wifi Internet connection using Camera connection kit + 3G USB modem?

nparab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iPad wifi (non 3G) and I've recently bought the camera connection kit which has a USB port (which supposedly detects/connects to even non-camera devices like USB keyboards, USB flash drives, etc).

I was wondering if it would be possible to attach a 3G USB modem/data card and make the Internet work without wifi? The 3G data card otherwise requires a bare-minimum wvdial from a normal Linux terminal.

So,
1. Can I get/install the wvdial .deb package on my jail broken iPad?
2. If I can get the package, will this work (wvdial detecting and using the USB modem and connecting through it?), or is it too far out?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

OP
N

nparab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Mike.

On a normal Linux terminal, no drivers are required. You just set wvdial config as 'analog modem' and point it to /dev/ttyUSB0 or something like that. I got this info from a link, which I can't post right now because I haven't posted 3 times on the forum yet.

That's what got me thinking that if I can get the wvdial package, it would work. I know this is a bit far out, but maybe possible?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Thanks for your reply Mike.

On a normal Linux terminal, no drivers are required. You just set wvdial config as 'analog modem' and point it to /dev/ttyUSB0 or something like that. I got this info from a link, which I can't post right now because I haven't posted 3 times on the forum yet.

That's what got me thinking that if I can get the wvdial package, it would work. I know this is a bit far out, but maybe possible?

yeah because it already has basic universal analog modem drivers.

Most reactions