What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help, ifile and camera connection kit

solace4ever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need help, my camera connection kit isn't being detected by ifile.

My SD card has the following folders /DCIM/100VIDEO (then all my movies converted)

I used to be able to go to /var/mnt and then see my contents of my SD card. However when I go to /var/mnt nothing shows up.

Not sure I am doing something wrong, or my kit is broken? I also get no errors or anything when i connect my camera kit.

Help fast, catching a plane in 6hrs

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to make sure I understand...

When you attach your SD card (that's in the CCK) to your iPad and open iFile, that card does NOT show up under "Devices" in the left column of iFile (in landscape)? This happens automatically, I don't have to do anything except plug in the card/CCK.

Cause that's where mine shows (it lists as "Flash Drive 1" - though it's a 2GB SanDisk SD card...). From there, I can press on the name of the card and all the data that's on my card shows in the right side.

Maybe try another card? The iPad/iFile might not like that one ... though that in itself is odd (never heard of SD cards having trouble). What type of card are you using?

That's what I've got ... sorry if that doesn't help.

Marilyn

OP
S

solace4ever

iPF Noob
Reaction score

When you attach your SD card (that's in the CCK) to your iPad and open iFile, that card does NOT show up under "Devices" in the left column of iFile (in landscape)? This happens automatically, I don't have to do anything except plug in the card/CCK.

Cause that's where mine shows (it lists as "Flash Drive 1" - though it's a 2GB SanDisk SD card...). From there, I can press on the name of the card and all the data that's on my card shows in the right side.

Maybe try another card? The iPad/iFile might not like that one ... though that in itself is odd (never heard of SD cards having trouble). What type of card are you using?

Marilyn

So appearantly I am an idiot. The CCK works fine when I plug directly into the IPAD (v1). However I am also trying to use the display to tv cable (that has an hdmi and 32 pin connector slots), this does not work.

I thought I tested this previously? If it doesnt work, is there a way to transfer the files from the CCK to the IPAD as I clear up space on the IPAD (Deleting shows we watched)? I need the Ipad to hook up to the TV as my kid wants to watch his shows.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Marilyn

So appearantly I am an idiot. The CCK works fine when I plug directly into the IPAD (v1). However I am also trying to use the display to tv cable (that has an hdmi and 32 pin connector slots), this does not work.

I thought I tested this previously? If it doesnt work, is there a way to transfer the files from the CCK to the IPAD as I clear up space on the IPAD (Deleting shows we watched)? I need the Ipad to hook up to the TV as my kid wants to watch his shows.

DisplayOut from cydia may help.....

OP
S

solace4ever

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Marilyn

DisplayOut from cydia may help.....

Have displayout, works fine, problem is ifile is not recognizing the CCK when it is attached via that cable.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, chaining up the CCK to the HDMI adapter doesn't work (I just tried it). Would have been uber cool, yeah?

So, you will have to copy the movie over to the iPad. As I don't know which app you want to use, here's what I did to watch a movie on the iPad (with any app that's supported by the "Open In..." function):

1) Put your SD card/CCK combo into the iPad

2) Open iFile and press "Documents" in the left column

3) In the right side, press "Edit"

4) At the bottom left of that right side, you should now see a "+" sign. Press it. A pop-up window should appear for you to name a new folder (it's a Directory by default - you can change it, but I didn't...). Name it something like Movies and press the blue "Create" button. When the pop up file is gone and your folder is created, then press the blue "Done" button.

5) In the left column, press on your SD card and your files will be listed on the right side. Select the gray "Edit" button (right panel, upper right). Find the movie(s) you wish to copy to the iPad and select them (you'll get a red check mark next to the titles once you select them).

6) When you are done selecting, in the bottom right of that window, you'll see a clip board. Press it and select which action you want (copy/link, cut, paste or create link). Select any one but the last one (link only) since you'll be removing the SD card. After selection, press "Done" again.

5) Press again on your Documents folder (left side), find your new folder and press the line to open the folder. Once the folder is open (it'll "slide" open), at the top right, again press the Edit button. Then, press the clipboard icon again (bottom right) and select paste. iFile should copy those file(s) to that folder. Then, press Done again to finish up.

6) Remove the SD card/CCK combo from the iPad (I usually close iFile before ... leftover Windows paranoia :D).

Now, you can press on any movie you've just loaded into that iFile/Documents/Movies folder, iFile should offer you a selection of apps to use, pick the one you want and it should work. You should then be able to use the HDMI adapter cable to plus the iPad to the TV.

Let me know if that works as I walked through these steps as I typed them. I may have missed one, or added an extra!

Marilyn

P.S. Actually, now that I think about it, you don't have to create a separate (e.g. Movies) folder; you can put the movies wherever you wish (as iFile will always offer you a choice on which app to use to run them). I guess I just put in the step to make a folder because I'm a neatnik! And, you'll always know where the movies are in the future. Yeah, that's why! :eek:

Last edited:
OP
S

solace4ever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, chaining up the CCK to the HDMI adapter doesn't work (I just tried it). Would have been uber cool, yeah?

So, you will have to copy the movie over to the iPad. As I don't know which app you want to use, here's what I did to watch a movie on the iPad (with any app that's supported by the "Open In..." function):

1) Put your SD card/CCK combo into the iPad

2) Open iFile and press "Documents" in the left column

3) In the right side, press "Edit"

4) At the bottom left of that right side, you should now see a "+" sign. Press it. A pop-up window should appear for you to name a new folder (it's a Directory by default - you can change it, but I didn't...). Name it something like Movies and press the blue "Create" button. When the pop up file is gone and your folder is created, then press the blue "Done" button.

5) In the left column, press on your SD card and your files will be listed on the right side. Select the gray "Edit" button (right panel, upper right). Find the movie(s) you wish to copy to the iPad and select them (you'll get a red check mark next to the titles once you select them).

6) When you are done selecting, in the bottom right of that window, you'll see a clip board. Press it and select which action you want (copy/link, cut, paste or create link). Select any one but the last one (link only) since you'll be removing the SD card. After selection, press "Done" again.

5) Press again on your Documents folder (left side), find your new folder and press the line to open the folder. Once the folder is open (it'll "slide" open), at the top right, again press the Edit button. Then, press the clipboard icon again (bottom right) and select paste. iFile should copy those file(s) to that folder. Then, press Done again to finish up.

6) Remove the SD card/CCK combo from the iPad (I usually close iFile before ... leftover Windows paranoia :D).

Now, you can press on any movie you've just loaded into that iFile/Documents/Movies folder, iFile should offer you a selection of apps to use, pick the one you want and it should work. You should then be able to use the HDMI adapter cable to plus the iPad to the TV.

Let me know if that works as I walked through these steps as I typed them. I may have missed one, or added an extra!

Marilyn

P.S. Actually, now that I think about it, you don't have to create a separate (e.g. Movies) folder; you can put the movies wherever you wish (as iFile will always offer you a choice on which app to use to run them). I guess I just put in the step to make a folder because I'm a neatnik! And, you'll always know where the movies are in the future. Yeah, that's why! :eek:

Thanks!!! this worked...however I am having a problem. Any movies I have copied over this way and try to play by selecting the Builtin movie player, don't have any audio.

The Audio bar is missing and no audio can be heard. Which is weird, as it did work for 1 movie. However since that one movie nothing has worked (and even that movie has stopped playing with sound).

However i know that movies work fine as I can sync them on the iPad using itunes and play them fine through the built in movie player.

Any idea's why it isn't playing with sound?

EDIT: Seems i may have messed up my VLC install which may be affecting this. Any movie I try to play through VLC (syncd through itunes) has no sound either, and i get an error at the bottom saying "No Volume Available". Not sure if a re-install of VLC will fix this issue?

Double EDIT: I am retarded...toggle switch on side was flipped, appearantly that causes the above issue.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad it worked (and that you got your sound "problem" solved ;)).

And, thanks for the update. I always like knowing if advice actually helps...

Marilyn

Most reactions