What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad wanna be's

OP
D

Dbolen888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RIM Shot

Well. here we are in mid-October and still no iPad killers. According to the news, RIMs choice of processor for their 7" tablet didn't pan out. Others are having pricing problems. The amusement continues as Apple continues to supply the world with iPads. And the world continues to find new ways to use it.
:)

OP
D

Dbolen888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another 7" tablet announced

The announced Huawei S7 tablet has been reviewed by Slashgear. Although it appears to have the standard "competitive fare," their review paints the machine as quite anemic (to what would be desired).

My wife has an iPad; I'm struggling with techno-lust for the 10", Notion Ink Adam being developed in India. It sounds the most promising of the vapor-ware yet announced.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you really liked Chevys, why would you be posting on a Ford forum?
I'm really confused.

Go on a Chevy forum, and you'll see some threads about competitors to Chevy models, where the discussion will analyze those competing models, compare them to their Chevy equivalent. Try going on a Camaro forum, and see a lot of threads about the Mustang vs Camaro comparison.

Once you've been on a few forums, you won't be confused anymore. You're probably just new at internet forums.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The announced Huawei S7 tablet has been reviewed by Slashgear. Although it appears to have the standard "competitive fare," their review paints the machine as quite anemic (to what would be desired).

My wife has an iPad; I'm struggling with techno-lust for the 10", Notion Ink Adam being developed in India. It sounds the most promising of the vapor-ware yet announced.

How is the Adam vapor-ware? Might wanna call Gran Turismo 5 vapor-ware too, since it's been pushed back and delayed since 2008.

Yes, the Adam has been getting delayed while they work out issues, but I will say this, IF AND WHEN it does finally come out (current estimates are late December or early January) it will embarrass the iPad. Maybe not in sales, people flock to the Apple name regardless if there is a better product available or not, and there is nothing wrong with that. Apple is a great name brand, and people should continue buying the iPad. But

With the ever evolving Android OS, the various ports, the higher quality screen, and the lower price (comparatively) the Adam will take away some sales from the iPad, maybe not a lot, but some. Notion Ink will have to spend a lot of time, effort, and money advertising it and getting it out to all the possible testers/reviewers to really have a shot at putting a good dent in the iPad sales.

As soon as I see some good reliable reviews of the Adam, I will be ordering one and selling my iPad or giving it to my wife if she wants it. I still love my iPad, but I'm not brand loyal at all, if a better product comes out, I will jump on it for sure.

pelinca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i can't find a good head-to-head comparison : samsung tab vs apple ipad
anybody found a good comparison video ? browsing/mail/games etc

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i can't find a good head-to-head comparison : samsung tab vs apple ipad
anybody found a good comparison video ? browsing/mail/games etc

I was checking out the Galaxy Tab yesterday.

It looks like a nice tablet.
It seems superior to the iPad in more than a few categories.

My only problem with it is that in the American release they`ve done away with it`s phone capabilities.
That sucks.

By the way the carriers have been announced.
US Cellular Verizon TMobile Sprint

Pricing is dependent upon which carrier and contract you want.
Ranging from $300.00 to $800.00

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab

Samsung Galaxy Tab vs. the iPad: Compare For Yourself - PCWorld

http://galaxytab.samsungmobile.com/

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/5103/samsung-galaxy-tab-review-16gb

204779-chart-galaxy-ipad-2_original.gif

Edit:
One more thing.
Initial reviews I read on a couple Android message boards stated browsing lagged a bit at first until the users posting thought to shut down Flash and then reported it ran pretty smooth.
Maybe Mr.Jobs is right about Flash after all.
:)

Edit Again:
Slashgear has a pretty extensive collection of videos and pics of the Tab in action.
http://www.slashgear.com/ipad-vs-galaxy-tab-16102821/

Edit yet again:
TechnoBuffalo does a side by side video comparison of the Tab & iPad.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYivabHHj9g[/ame]

Last edited:

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A friend of mine is getting the Japanese version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab through Docomo in a couple weeks when they arrive in the store. I will try using his and then make a judgement. I have a feeling I'm going to like the features better, but I can't go down to a 7" screen, not after using the iPad's bigger screen. One more reason why I'm waiting for the Notion Ink Adam.

OP
D

Dbolen888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notion Ink Adam in production

According to their blog, their "baby" has been born. 2 colors shown. Black with white trim. The other, red ! ??

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mr too, I want to see competition in the ten inches screen size category

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They don't choose what advertisements will be displayed. The advertisements are based off of keywords used in each thread. If we make a thread titled "Hot Asian Girls" we would get advertisements for Asian dating sites.

Besides, what's wrong with advertisements for Android tablets? Afraid of a little competition? :)

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone see themselves using their ipad for taking pictures? The visual makes me chuckle. Honestly, the camera thing is a non-issue for me, considering my blackberry has a decent camera and would be much easier to use in that capacity. Everyone's different of course. The most important differences to me are the system ram( 256 compared to 512), though unless they produce apps that make the ipad slow to a crawl because of insufficient system resources, that's not a deal breaker for me either. Multi-tasking is coming. I do wish there was some way to have a dock attachment that increases storage capacity. Anything like that on the horizon?

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone see themselves using their ipad for taking pictures? The visual makes me chuckle. Honestly, the camera thing is a non-issue for me, considering my blackberry has a decent camera and would be much easier to use in that capacity. Everyone's different of course. The most important differences to me are the system ram( 256 compared to 512), though unless they produce apps that make the ipad slow to a crawl because of insufficient system resources, that's not a deal breaker for me either. Multi-tasking is coming. I do wish there was some way to have a dock attachment that increases storage capacity. Anything like that on the horizon?

I agree, my iPhone4 is a great camera and I always have it....so no I'm not going to be that dork taking pictures with my iPad...... So far the ram seems fine to me as well i really can't tell a big difference between it and the iphone4.

Most reactions

Latest posts