What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Augen 7" Android Tablet, $149 at K-Mart: iPad killer?

Azieser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a badly hacked version of Android. Google removed the App store from it this weekend and it does not have access to some of the features on the Android OS. I tried their book reader for 89.00 and it is just as bad. I am returning that tomorrow. Luckily Kmart will take back opened electronics.

Azieser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a badly hacked version of Android. Google removed the App store from it this weekend and it does not have access to some of the features on the Android OS. I tried their book reader for 89.00 and it is just as bad. I am returning that tomorrow. Luckily Kmart will take back opened electronics.

PS. I am not insulting anyone who finds this device useful. For the price it will get the job done for a lot of people.

thomasfals

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thomasfals.com
I would love for manufactures to focus on making their own product the best instead of "killing" the competition. I have yet to see a market Apple got killed in (ignoring the OS war).

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may pick one up depending what I could do with it. I'd rather take it in the field with me and not worry about it. Breaking $150 vs $800 (replacing it that day) may be hard to come by.

eolake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
eReaderJoy.com
I have a Dell Streak (as well as two iPads), and I must say I like Android a lot better than I had expected. It's userfriendly. The only real disappointment has been that at the moment there seems to be issues with very serious delays (hours, days) in downloading apps from the "Market".

Anyway, it's promising news that somebody can already sell any kind of 7-inch tablet for such a low price.

Most reactions