What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad vs Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People at my school say android is better simply because android phones have the most market share....

That isn't an argument; it's a non-sequitur. Whatever "better" means, it has almost nothing to do with market share. If it did, Dr. Dre would be "better" than Mozart. And he's not.

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People at my school say android is better simply because android phones have the most market share....

That isn't an argument; it's a non-sequitur. Whatever "better" means, it has almost nothing to do with market share. If it did, Dr. Dre would be "better" than Mozart. And he's not.

Yeah, but it is a very commonly held belief. For example, I talk to people who think that the Oscar nominations should only consist of the top box office hits, because for them, only what is popular could possibly be any good.

With Apple products it gets a little more complicated as, for example, people who want to see Apple products as appealing to rich snobs, an Android as a vindication of a more mass market approach.

Reaction score

Yeah, but it is a very commonly held belief. For example, I talk to people who think that the Oscar nominations should only consist of the top box office hits, because for them, only what is popular could possibly be any good.

With Apple products it gets a little more complicated as, for example, people who want to see Apple products as appealing to rich snobs, an Android as a vindication of a more mass market approach.

Another common erroneous belief is the Ipad plays Flash for the same reason they believe any other misconception, they don't research enough. They are the same folks that get all frustrated at their devices because they had no clue what they will and won't do.
Like I wrote before, the one YOU like best is the best one. These are PERSONAL devices made by PERSONAL decision. Anyone who buys a device based totally on hear say and comes away disappointed got what they deserve, including me for not researching my Ipad enough to know the consequences of no Flash for ME and nobody but ME. I should have tried my bank , Kings Dominion calendar of events and other frequented sites on my sisters before I bought mine, not just gone by hearsay.
Again Ipad is great for most people , there is never going to be an ipad killer ,and some prefer Android because they offer more choices for models, sizes , price range, etc . Some prefer the Blackberry Playbook. I've got one buddy saving his pennies for an HP Web OS tablet. With each OS comes its faults and limitations and benefits.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

EP2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Another common erroneous belief is the Ipad plays Flash for the same reason they believe any other misconception, they don't research enough.

<sigh> Ipad's DO play flash via iswifter, Puffin browser, Skyfire, etc. In fact, they often play flash better than most android devices do! LOL

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EP2011 said:
<sigh> Ipad's DO play flash via iswifter, Puffin browser, Skyfire, etc. In fact, they often play flash better than most android devices do! LOL

I think you'll find it's a different computer running flash, you are just viewing it remotely........iPads do not run flash.

The Archangel

Reaction score

Another common erroneous belief is the Ipad plays Flash for the same reason they believe any other misconception, they don't research enough.

Ummm , no

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

EP2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EP2011 said:

I think you'll find it's a different computer running flash, you are just viewing it remotely........iPads do not run flash.

The Archangel

Yes, the data is processed on a server before it hits your device, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I'm able to play full screen flash movies on the ipad.

EP2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad's DO play flash via iswifter, Puffin browser, Skyfire, etc. In fact, they often play flash better than most android devices do! LOL

Seriously? I do not think so.;)

Don't so think so what? That it can play flash, or that it can play flash better than most Android devices?

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EP2011 said:
Don't so think so what? That it can play flash, or that it can play flash better than most Android devices?

Well its bolded, so you decide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts