What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD VPN- SEND ALL TRAFFIC - Issue

brandnick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a windows 7 ultimate setup at home allowing a VPN connections via PPTP using the incoming setup though windows VPN server(no third party software).

I set up the Client which is my iPad 2 and the connection goes through fine authenticating and then connected internally within the network and externally outside the network. Everything seems work prefectly

Below is a screen shot of my IPAD connect my Windows 7 Machine
Connect-1.jpgConnect-2.jpg

Below Is a Screen shot of my windows 7 machine connected to my IPAD
Windows-1.JPGWindows-2.JPG

Here is my problem

The client(iPad 2) loses internet browsing capability if I turn ON the option to send all traffic, however if the send all traffic is off then everything works fine. It's only my assumption that the reason why the internet works when the send all traffic is Off via my iPad 2 to the windows 7 machine is because it created a split tunnel which allows me to use the Internet without problems. I am also not able to get to my router 192.168.2.1 when i use the internet browsing send all traffic is either on or off so that is tells me i am not really on my Home network.

However

My goal is to be able to turn On Send All traffic and it works. Having all data passthrough the windows machine

Please help

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
This is not you or anything you have done, its an issue with the iPad and has been there for years.

I had the same issue and it only happens if trying to setup a PPTP VPN via Windows. When not connecting to a windows PPTP VPN it works fine.

I setup a non windows PPTP VPN and it worked. I have also setup an IPSec VPN and it worked fine while sending all traffic over vpn.

I submitted the bug report for it back in 2010 when the iPad first gen launched, guess they haven't done anything about it.

OP
B

brandnick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mikes
Cool thank you i thought i was going crazy.

I have VMware with ubuntu 11.10 on the windows machine do you suggest that i use this option (might be SLOW since its VMware )or do you have a better suggestion

Marvin

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You could try it out not sure what the results would be.

I ended up just setting up VPN access via a router, at the time I was trying to setup via Windows my router wasn't capable of VPN.

Last edited:
OP
B

brandnick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would you suggest a linksys wrt54g v4 with dd-wrt with the VPN option. As I tied the Ubuntu option and having the same problem if the send all traffic is on

OP
B

brandnick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just decided to buy a new router that has vpn access I am tired of the playing around with Ubuntu and Windows.

allenriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, i also had the same problem few months back and i reported the bug to apple..but the issue has been resolved once i configured the vpn on router.

Most reactions

Latest posts