What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FileBrowser app over vpn

oneyejack77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently tried out FileBrowser and love it. I setup a VPN on my Windows 7 machine at home and properly setup port forwarding on my router so I could access my network from the internet. My provider blocks SMB port 445.

My VPN connects fine with no issues over 3G or Wifi. But FileBrowser will only connect to my shared files on 3G, it times out on wifi. I don't think it's a VPN issue because my VPN is always connected no matter if it's 3G or wifi.

Not sure what is going on.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oneyejack77 said:
Recently tried out FileBrowser and love it. I setup a VPN on my Windows 7 machine at home and properly setup port forwarding on my router so I could access my network from the internet. My provider blocks SMB port 445.

My VPN connects fine with no issues over 3G or Wifi. But FileBrowser will only connect to my shared files on 3G, it times out on wifi. I don't think it's a VPN issue because my VPN is always connected no matter if it's 3G or wifi.

Not sure what is going on.

Are you using a separate connection under saved locations to your file shares on wifi?

OP
O

oneyejack77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured out the problem. FileBrowser was unable to determine which network to connect to when the gateway address were the same. I changed my home network from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1 and now I can connect anytime.

Most reactions

Latest posts