What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad very very slow after jailbreak

Dmc1620

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 4th gen that is so slow it is almost unusable after jailbreak. Everything went smooth with the jailbreak no errors. I have not added any tweaks to my system, but all my apps are so slow I almost can't use them. I can't get to the internet using safari. My wife has the same ipad (not jailbroken) and she has no problems. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problems is? I did a restore back to a new ipad and it works fine now. I would like to put the jailbreak back on my system, but I'm afraid it will die again.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an ipad 4th gen that is so slow it is almost unusable after jailbreak. Everything went smooth with the jailbreak no errors. I have not added any tweaks to my system, but all my apps are so slow I almost can't use them. I can't get to the internet using safari. My wife has the same ipad (not jailbroken) and she has no problems. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problems is? I did a restore back to a new ipad and it works fine now. I would like to put the jailbreak back on my system, but I'm afraid it will die again.
Hi Dmc and welcome to the forum. I've moved your thread to the iPad Hacking section, dealing with jailbreak matters. There are a good number of cluey members there keeping a close eye on jailbreaking generally so I reckon you would stand a better chance of an answer to your issue. Good luck with that:)
Andrew

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you perform a restore prior to jailbreaking the first time? When jailbreaking, it's always best to start fresh by restoring first so that your device has less to re-index during the jailbreak process, which can take days to complete after jailbreaking. Try to re-jailbreak again and see if the same issue occurs. If it does occur again, we'll work from there.

Most reactions

Latest posts