What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad + Velcro

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
[ame=http://vimeo.com/11886557]iPad + Velcro on Vimeo[/ame]

Two of mankind's greatest inventions, together at last. Note: this is an exploration of what is possible, not necessarily what is practical. Tweet from the street at your own risk!

Watch out for airbags!

Arnz98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is velcro really that safe? I was thinking of a way to mount my ipad in the car but i dont want to chance losing its grip

Edit: and numblock, yeah I can see the video on my ipad if thats what you were asking

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is velcro really that safe? I was thinking of a way to mount my ipad in the car but i dont want to chance losing its grip

Edit: and numblock, yeah I can see the video on my ipad if thats what you were asking

I'm sure this was all meant tongue-in-cheek. :D

I didn't know, Vimeo seems to be kind of hit and miss on my iPhone.

Star56

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Actually yes it is. The industrial strength stuff can easily handle 20lbs. The pad is under 2 lbs. It would work like a charm.

I have velcroed radios to my dash and you would think they were bolted on.

Arnz98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, thinking about it now, it wouldnt work because i keep my iPad in the apple case, the velcro would have to be on the inside of the case so when i fold it over that will be the back side. But when i close it the velcro might scratch the glass.

Unless someone has some other idea on how it would work with the case :)

tozol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
saw this a few days ago, superb quality and great editing, just a cool movie, in answer to "is Velcro that good"
All depends on what quality you buy, same as most stuff, if you buy your Velcro from the £1 store, then I wouldn't trust anything on it.

Now if you buy proper Velcro then yup, I would feel comfy doing most of whats in this video, in fact some are dam cool ideas.

mlj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, thinking about it now, it wouldnt work because i keep my iPad in the apple case, the velcro would have to be on the inside of the case so when i fold it over that will be the back side. But when i close it the velcro might scratch the glass.

Unless someone has some other idea on how it would work with the case :)

Just put the soft side on the cover. If you have a screen protector on the ipad it should be fine.

tozol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Velcro wouldn't scratch the glass either...you will be surprised at how hard it will be to physically scratch the glass front...go watch the youtube vids of dogs and cats scratching the front, and every comment says you must be mad....nope,,doesn't do a thing.

alxs210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So ever since I saw the YouTube video of ipad+Velcro I have every bedroom, bathroom, shower, car, kitchen, and everything else you could think of covered in Velcro. Its pretty damn awesome!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts