What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad temperature while charging?

kcleong18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have put the following in the Introductions but not much of an answer so here again...

"Running down to battery to 25% I did my first charge with the supplied 10W adapter and after about 3 hours and 80% charge felt the whole iPad a bit warmer than I like.My experience (as an Rc flyer)with Lipos, the type of batteries inside,is they are supposed to be cool when taking a charge, so is this normal? "

Kc

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Normally cool you may need to check with apple store to make sure it's ok
Also introduction area is for that only sorry no body responded just not many visit other than mods

Hope this helps

Col

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think its fairly common for batteries to heat up while being charged. Every phone I ever had did. My two ipod Nano 1g's that I've been messing with for the first time in years do. My iPad does as well. I would say its perfectly normal, as long as its only a warm to moderately warm temperature and never approaches what you would consider hot or very warm. You also have to remember that the iPad has an aluminum back, so it will conduct all of the heat from the charging process very well.

Most reactions

Latest posts