What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad stuck restoring firmware

Zeart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 2 tried upgrading to 9.3 but i couldnt because the "find my ipad" couldnt be disabled (idontknow why) then i put it in DFU mode and started the update but it got stuck on "restoring ipad firmware" right now i tried disabling firewall and i tried another computer (windows) i tied all usb ports i also reinstalled itunes but it is still stuck on "Restoring ipad Firmware" and the ipad shows about 60% of progress bar...

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why would you have to disable "Find my iPad"? When updating to the most recent software, it's not necessary to do that.

If you have to disable it, then login to www.icloud.com on a browser, go to Find my iPhone and remove your device from there.

OP
Z

Zeart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you have to disable "Find my iPad"? When updating to the most recent software, it's not necessary to do that.

If you have to disable it, then login to www.icloud.com on a browser, go to Find my iPhone and remove your device from there.

nothing happened , the same problem....
Anyone can tell , it is an OS problem, or something happened with device?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you tried updating to iOS 9.3, it's an OS problem. The only software you'll be able to install, is the most current one. All of the other versions are not signed by Apple any more. So if you try to update your iPad, make sure you'll get the right version of iOS 9.3.2 or 9.3.3.

It's not a problem with the iPad, imo.

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zeart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you tried updating to iOS 9.3, it's an OS problem. The only software you'll be able to install, is the most current one. All of the other versions are not signed by Apple any more. So if you try to update your iPad, make sure you'll get the right version of iOS 9.3.2 or 9.3.3.

It's not a problem with the iPad, imo.
So, how i can finish updating, if it stops on "restoring ipad firmware", then iTunes indicates unknown error (-1)

in this forum some users claim it is logicboard problem.

iPhone could not be restored unknown error 1 - iPhone 5

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Was your iPad jailbroken? Is it Wi-Fi only, or Cellular + Wi-Fi? Usually, error (-1) is related to problems with the baseband chip.

Try this tutorial:
TUTORIAL - Failsafe method to restore the current version of IOS
You can use it, even if your iPad is/was not jailbroken.

If it doesn't help, the next step would be to contact Apple, or bring your iPad to the next Apple Retail Store, so they can take a look at it, and tell you what's causing your problems.

Most reactions

Latest posts