What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck in service mode while trying to update to 4.3.3

cryz35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey all, firstly im new on forum, but was following you since i got my ipad.
my problem looks like unique than others, or i couldnt find any1 who solved this before.
while i was trying to shift restore, electricity went off. my device stuck on recovery mode cant get out or switch to dfu(maybe possible but i dunno). when i plug usb, itunes is not recognizeing. just a msg comes out about driver; apple mobile device (recovery mode). but cant install.
thanks for helps

OP
C

cryz35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
up. please i have to solve this today :(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried to get it back into DFU mode (I couldn't fully tell from what you typed)?

What were you trying to upgrade from, what iOS version?

What exactly is showing on your iPad - black screen, apple logo, etc...?

Oh, and what type iPad do you have, the 1 or the 2?

IOW, can we have more information on what you are trying (were trying) to do, please. Then, we can help ... hopefully.

Thanks.

Marilyn

OP
C

cryz35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad 1 64gb 3g, was trying to shift+update 4.3.3 from 4.2.1.
its showing connect usb to itunes screen. tried to go to dfu, its not responding just restarting itself on same screen. hope thats enough, need ur help

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is you are trying to put software on the iPad that Apple is no longer signing. As in, you can't. That's why shift/update didn't work.

Unless you've been jail broken before or have saved SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3, it is no longer possible for you to update to that version.

Your only option, now, is to upgrade to iOS 4.3.5. After making sure you have the latest version of iTunes (check at the Apple web site), use iTunes to find the latest firmware (iOS 4.3.5).

iTunes should be able to download it, but if it can't/doesn't, you can can download that version, either from this link at this forum (http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html) or from the Apple web site. Just make sure you get the correct firmware for your specific iPad.

Once you've downloaded the firmware, and with iTunes not running, plug your iPad into your computer and then put it into DFU mode. iTunes should start up asking if you want to restore the iPad [to iOS 4.3.5]. Accept this and then iTunes should put iOS 4.3.5 onto the iPad.

That should solve it. Let us know how you get on...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts