What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad stuck in DFU mode, won't restore, itunes 4014 error

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can not open your iTunes normally, it might due to the firewall and antivirus program, which will prevent iTunes from connecting to Apple servers or to devices. Maybe you can try to restore or upgrade the IPSW on your laptop. In addition, you can try to restore your iPad on another PC, maybe things will be better. Hope you can find the way to get your iPad out of recovery mode.
That won't help if the OP's iPad has a hardware problem, as suggested by the error 4014.

OP
R

rueshir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which version of Windows is on your computer? The latest version of iTunes will run on Windows 7 and later. BTW, have you tried turning off your firewall and anti virus before trying to install iTunes on your computer?
It's Windows 10, but it's giving me a very hard time with this recent version of iTunes, but I also recently updated my Windows software so I dunno which is the glitchy one. I haven't tried turning my firewall and antivirus off when installing let me try that.

OP
R

rueshir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was a hardware error indeed I took it to Apple and they couldn’t see what was wrong with it and ruled it as a faulty iPad then gave me a new one :D

Most reactions