What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Street Magic in Tokyo

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-magician.jpg

Check out this really cool video of Japanese street magician Shinya Uchida using his iPad to perform a magical presentation outside the Apple store in Ginza, Tokyo. The video, which has already been viewed over 700,000 times on You Tube, features Shinya using his magic skills and an iPad to demonstrate how communication has developed over the centuries, from smoke signals to words and books, right up to the present day with smartphones. He does this with a combination of real props such as doves and cheese, and a corresponding display on the iPad. It really is very clever and inventive, even if Apple might have had something to do with putting the whole thing together, as the more cynical commentators out there suspect!

Shinya has been a magician since 2000, and performing professionally since 2007. You can learn a little more about him at his website, let’s hope all this international fame the video has garnered will inspire him to come up with some more iPad magic, as it’s pretty amazing stuff to watch.

Check out the video after the jump...

By: Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
Source: WSJ | Japan Real Time

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATpSPNIuj3M]YouTube - iPad magic sub:E[/ame]

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're at work it might be blocking the embedded Youtube video or same if you're surfing on the iPad...

But it's there for me. :)

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eher, seems really amazing, but I can't get the video open....:(

SWdp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He's no David Copperfield or David Blaine. ;)
I thought Steve Jobs would fall out of his sleeve as a grand finale....

Great stuff!

Prof Quatermass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
theaquariumwiki.com
If you're at work it might be blocking the embedded Youtube video or same if you're surfing on the iPad...

But it's there for me. :)

Oh yes it's here in this Forum. But in the News Forum at:

iPad Forum - Apple iPad News

there is no video.

It took me a while to figure out were the hyperlink was.

Why do the editors of this site turn the traditional blue hyperlink into a grey background with a white text and which has no visible indication that this is where I'm suppose to 'jump' to. :confused:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very well put together. It flowed together seamlessly. Damn..lol wish i could do that with mines

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ha, cool...he needs to work on the timing of the over the head stuff tho.

Most reactions

Latest posts