What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad sold out? apple.com store dates changed

stevegm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is Apple sold out of the iPad for the launch? The Apple store now says delivery April 12th. And, the reservation info on the retail store sites have changed as well. I don't see any way to reserve anymore. Fortunately, I reserved mine on March 12th.

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WOW !! They sold all of them with no advertising and with virtually no one having touched one.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reserved a 16GB for pick up on Saturday at one of the Michigan locations at 1:30 am this morning. I received a confirmation email that mu unit would be reserved in my name until 3pm. I would expect the store to be crazy all day especially with people thinking they will be able to just walk in and grab it.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad delivery

Is Apple sold out of the iPad for the launch? The Apple store now says delivery April 12th. And, the reservation info on the retail store sites have changed as well. I don't see any way to reserve anymore. Fortunately, I reserved mine on March 12th.

I also see that :) lucky me i order my 3 pcs the first day too

OP
S

stevegm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You got in just in time.

brhon - I think you may have gotten in just in time.

OP
S

stevegm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lines at the stores will be ridiculous now

With the appearance that they may have sold out, all of the people that reserved theirs for pick up will go to the store early because they will be concerned they will run out, and the lines will be ridiculous. I can't walt.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wonder if anyway to reserve one if you have a Best Buy Rewards-checked the Best Buy site nothing comes up when you search "ipad".

CanonicalKoi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wonder if anyway to reserve one if you have a Best Buy Rewards-checked the Best Buy site nothing comes up when you search "ipad".

According to the Mac Rumors article, they won't be carried by the online store at bestbuy.com and they will only be available in Best Buy stores that have a dedicated Apple store-within-a-store. Also according to the article, that's 675 of the over 1,000 Best Buy stores nationwide. So no guarantee that your local Best Buy qualifies to carry the iPad and who knows how many of the units they might get seeing how fast reservations and pre-orders ate up the units available for April 3rd.

joshieca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh well..I was going to get one..but now...ahhhh too bad Apple..your loss.

Most reactions