What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Is Apparently Sold Out Of iPads For The April 3rd Launch Date

Craig

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
ipadimage.png

Apple's delivery and shipping dates on their website have changed for pre-orders for the iPad's April 3rd launch day. What was once shown on Apple's website as 'Delivered On April 3rd' is now 'Ships By April 12th'.

Apple has also removed the ability for people to reserve an iPad for in-store pickup at their retail locations.

By the looks of the Apple Store, all of the inventory expected for the April 3rd launch of the iPad seems to have been spoken for. This could mean they simply sold out of what was expected for early April delivery, or they could possibly be having issues sourcing materials as has been speculated upon over on AppleInsider.

This makes it all that much more important to get your camping gear out for your local Best Buy or Apple Store if you've not made pre-order arrangements yet and are hoping to join the iPad club next Saturday.

Thanks to iPadForums.net member stevegm for pointing this out on the discussion boards!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey i point it the first when '' Ellie'' point the camera connection is back :eek:

But this details let us see the sales figures will not me so small as the naysayer pretend

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You wonder if there will be another spike in orders now that they are pushing delivery dates back.

I think most of us feel that once people get there hands on the iPad there will be a huge spike.

Scanning over the web news on the iPad it is amazing how many people are still saying this device will not change anything and is a flash in the pan. Why set yourself up for people rubbing your nose in it?

Has a device ever come out where the buyers already own billions of software titles that can be used on the new device right away?? You either get the excitement that we feel for April 3rd or you just roll your eyes at us. The wife is rolling her eyes.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! I had a feeling this would happen, in fact I think we were all talking about it over a month ago. Now get ready for the iPad selling $100-$200 over retail on ebay! I knew I should have ordered more :)

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! I had a feeling this would happen, in fact I think we were all talking about it over a month ago. Now get ready for the iPad selling $100-$200 over retail on ebay! I knew I should have ordered more :)
There's a limit of two units in preorder on the Apple site.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

yeah me too..I originally planned to buy 2 (one to sell on ebay) but I ended up getting one.

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yeah...I'm kicking myself!!!

Cya

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Accoding to MacWorld, Apple has not sold out of iPads, but has reached a predetermined number of sales which they feel they can handle on Saturday. They are also going to have units available for sale at all authorized resellers, including university bookstores.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be nice if Apple had the courtesy of a little more transparency in such situations. Just letting the anxious population bits of news of what's going on would help greatly. Next saturday's shopping could get nasty if they don't issue warnings. I just hope that all contributing stores have measures to control risks of rioting...

Most reactions

Latest posts