What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad shutting down?

justjulie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ones anyone know why my iPad shut down Facebook and goes back to home page at random times? I am actively using - not like sitting idol but in the middle of typing. If I go back into fb it goes right to where I left - saves words sometimes.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When apps start acting funny, try completely closing it by clicking home, then double clicking home. Press the icon until it wiggles, then touch the (-) symbol in the corner. If that doesn't do it try a restart (power off the iPad by holding sleep button until the power slide appears) slide it off, then press the sleep button to turn it back on.

If that doesn't work, do a reset. Press sleep and home together until the apple logo appears, then let it reboot.

Hope this helps :)

OP
justjulie

justjulie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did that. Seems to be isolated to moving photos in face book. Tried friendly but stuck on clock when I try to access photos

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry that didn't work. I regret I don't use Facebook, so I don't have any ideas that are more specific. Maybe another member will come along and help out!

Good luck!

Djdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issues with the FB app. It's got to be a bug I the app, as I have tried all the normal close/reset options. I'm just hoping the next update resolves this.

TonyKCPD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem and never could resolve, so, I switched to a different FB program (I think Face Pad 2) and no problems since! Good luck!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Facebook is getting to be less and less useful. I am really hating opening something and having to get past the FB or Twitter app. And all the invites to add to my friends and family...... But onto the subject, there are numerous bugs in the FB app and with using FB on the web with an iPad. Until these are resolved, you just have to restart when it happens.

Most reactions

Latest posts