What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad shipped with 3.2.2 FW?

ipadboy77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I recently got an iPad and there was a problem with it that necessitated a return. I noted that iTunes was prompting me to update to 3.2.2 firmware, but since I was bringing it back to the store, I opted not to.

So I got the unit swapped out and the one that I received was in the new packaging and sealed in plastic. When I went to set it up last night, I was expecting to update the firmware but iTunes said I had the latest software installed. Upon checking on the unit itself, sure enough it was 3.2.2.

Seeing as how this update just came out less than two weeks ago, is it possible for new units already be shipping with this? I mean, of course its possible, it was just unexpected is all. I know that refurbished units are often upgraded ahead of time.

So far the unit works fine and if its a refurb, it is what it is and thats cool. But I'm a little confused is all. Is there a way to tell by looking at the serial number to tell if it is factory new or refurbished?

Thanks in advance for any insight. Yes, I'm a newb so go easy on a brother.

Cheers!

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are, I have 3.2.2 on mine as well

Received it this week. with the 64 gig machines they are flying out the factory door as fast as they can build them directly to the customer. Shipment tracking is interesting - China - Hong Kong - Anchorage - New Jersey - home. Very very quick.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if its possible to tell by the serial number, but as long as you get a brand new warranty with it, that's all that should matter.

Most reactions

Latest posts