What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This ipad cannot be used because the required software is not installed?

Pjon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Ipad users,

Just got a new Ipad 2 FW 4.3.3 three days ago to be exact. First day I sync to my Old PC running on WinXP Home edtion SP 3 it sync pefectly fine got to download 4 apps and transfer to my Ipad 2 with no issues.

Now that I try to connect to my pc using only Usb ports 2.0 it has the message: This ipad cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run iTunes installer remove iTunes, then install iTunes again.

So I remove iTunes and install iTunes again reboot and still same meassage?
I havent try to reset the iPad 2 because I might lose the FW 4.3.3 correct me if I am wrong on that.

I have not updated to the new FW because Well you guys know why I want to stay on a Firmware version 4.3.3 haha By the way my iPad 2 is not JB not yet ;)

Help Guys Thanks in Advance :)

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you say a little bit more...it's the part of your post where you say "using only USB ports 2.0" that has me confused. Is this now a different PC that you're trying to connect to?

Tim

OP
P

Pjon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you say a little bit more...it's the part of your post where you say "using only USB ports 2.0" that has me confused. Is this now a different PC that you're trying to connect to?

Tim

Same pc Tim.

Now when I open iTunes, I get this message ( Itunes was not properly installed. If you wish to import or burn CDs you need reinstall iTunes.)
And agin I unstall and reinstall samething .

Then if I bypass the message ^ click ok connect the iPad 2 I get the This ipad cannot be used because the required software is not installed.

What did I do wrong now ??? :(

Most reactions

Latest posts