What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad seems totally dead - please HELP !!!

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
** FIXED! ** iPad seems totally dead - please HELP !!!

Aaaaargh!

My iPad has died!

None of the buttons make any difference, no sound, no display, plugging into charger makes no difference, connecting to computer doesn't register on iTunes, NOTHING WORKS!!!

If this is a clue to what is wrong, I had left it running a pdf file in Goodreader - I just didn't switch it off after reading it, as I was busy with something else. I assumed it would power off if it needed to.

Helppppp!!

Last edited:

rwilts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't panic

I had that a few months back, very similar circumstances not good reader but running something else. I think I did a hard reset, hold home and power together and it will eventually reboot. No issues since:)

OP
DM51

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It worked!

It worked! Back on as if nothing had happened. Can't thank you enough for your super-speedy response - I owe you a large beer :) !

Now I better go and change my panic-stricken sigline, LOL

Wa4vif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Www.lubesnmore.com
mine died, too!

Aaaaargh!

My iPad has died!

None of the buttons make any difference, no sound, no display, plugging into charger makes no difference, connecting to computer doesn't register on iTunes, NOTHING WORKS!!!

If this is a clue to what is wrong, I had left it running a pdf file in Goodreader - I just didn't switch it off after reading it, as I was busy with something else. I assumed it would power off if it needed to.

Helppppp!!

This morning, while running Pulse newsreader, I laid it down to answer the phone. Two minutes later when I picked it up, the screen was blank and it would not respond to any button presses. drawing on the old iPaq habits, I held down the Home and Sleep keys and it came back up the out-of-the-box iTunes connection screen. had to restore from ground zero. I lost some apps that I had added since last sync (which was at the 4.2.1 update). I hope this is not a recurring problem. I have since seen several posts with similar issues. Again I am reminded that I should have waited on the Android tablets.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also just had this happen yesterday (Friday). Frustrating and scary, but it happened once before too, so I knew what to do.

To be honest, I was also using GoodReader heavily at the time, and doing something funny with rotation and safari when it went dead.

OP
DM51

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all! It was quite worrying, and of course I couldn't get at the iPad user guide or help to find out how to deal with it.

Numblock, I just filed a report on post #1 to ask for the thread title to be changed. I tried editing post #1 in advanced mode, but the title has stayed the same.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The link here seems to be Goodreader. Would recommend that you remove the app and notify the creators of Goodreader and tell them what happened.

Most reactions