What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead ipad

nidalkolothody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own an 1 1/2 year old IPad 4
Since 2 days my iPad is totally dead
It's not charging at all
Thought it would be problem with 5w charger, now tried with original iPad charger

As soon as I connect to AC power, RED empty battery logo ~> then the apple logo for few seconds ~>restarts and red battery ~> apple logo

So the iPad keeps restarting
Not charging
Tried putting in recovery mode, but once I try to check to restart -iPad is totally dead
Again switching to AC power it goes on restarting
And iPad is not even turning on without switching to AC POWER !!!
So I am helpless, connecting to iTunes is useless until computer at least detects it in recovery mode

Please help
It's already out of warranty

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When it's battery is completely empty, it'll need at least 20 minutes until you'll notice a difference. If you haven't tried charging it for a longer period, do so.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Inspect your lightning connector for debris or damage. Then plug the iPad in with a known working charger and cable and leave it for 24 hours. Afterwards try booting it up again.

Most reactions

Latest posts