What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad screen scratch protector thread...

Which screen protector do you use?

• Xgear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Invisibleshield

Votes: 31 86.1%
  • StealthGuards

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • BodyGuardz

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

NickR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't want to pay load of money for a screen guard so I found a cheep one on eBay £1.75, can't tell its on my iPad also is better than no protector for leaving finger prints :)

dirtydan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Speck Shield View Anti-Glare Matte finish. It doesn't get finger prints very much, and they clean off easily. As far as effecting the picture, I can't tell the difference from the original iPad screen, except it has a dull finish when observed with the iPad turned off. Easy to install, and no scratches yet.
They cost about $24 for two.
Dan

Last edited:

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a new screen protector off eBay that's rather interesting. First of all, this is the third brand I've purchased. So far they have been quite thin and went on poorly, even after considerable cleaning and preparation. This last one is much thicker and went on smoothly with no bubbles at all.

But, this one is mirror reflective. I haven't decided if I like it yet or not. It's really cool, but a bit distracting. Im going to have to try it for a few days first. In any case, it's a lot higher quality protector than the other ones I tried. The surface isn't quite as slick as others, but I like it fine. When you turn off the screen, the iPad looks like a mirror and you can see yourself in it.

If you're interested, here's the eBay auction:

5 X Clear Mirror Screen Guard Protector For Apple iPad - eBay (item 280505787684 end time Aug-09-10 20:21:31 PDT)

Cost is pretty cheap at $15 for 5x with free shipping. By the way, I have no connection to this seller--but I just ordered from him a mirror protector for my iPhone to try as well.

Last edited:

iPadMomma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried the InvisibleShield by Zagg and I'm sending it back.

Contrary to what everybody else says it shows fingerprints worse than when it had no protection and it doesn't allow my fingers to run across the screen as smoothly as I'd like them to. If you look at Amazon's site you'll see that many people concur with my opinions.

I ordered a simple set of 3 from Amazon. When they come in I'll apply and see what happens.

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I am using a screen cover made by Apple. Comes with the iPad at no additional cost and works great. No fingerprint problem if you wash your hands daily, cleans off with a microfiber cloth, [Windex makes them and you can get a box of them at grocery store], scratch resistant [don't play in sand box with your iPad], no distortion in use and no bubbles. Looks good.
:)

wbp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just spent $40 total yesterday getting a Zagg shield and paying the kid at Best Buy to install it. I HATE it but not for the reasons most do in reviews. I don't mind the rubbery feel but the 'orange peel' look on the skin And the big foggy patches when the screen is turned off drives me bonkers, I hate it and it hasn't gone away a single bit since he installed it. He swore it'd be completely gone by this afternoon. I read tons of reviews afterward and that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll find out tomorrow but he's probably going to tell me I have to go through Zagg for a refund, not them (Best Buy).
Anyone know?
Ok, now on to read this thread...

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed a full Bodyguardz kit to my iPad 2 last night.

The back has installed beautifully and I am really pleased with it, but the front is nowhere near as good. I managed to get it completely lined up and got all the bubbles out, but the cover shows lots of marks and indentations. Its been 21 hours since I installed it, but the fogginess which is supposed to go after 12/24 hours doesn't look any different.

I was very gentle when applying the front, but it's looks like it's been through the wars. The worst area is around the camera.

I will give it a bit longer, but I'm pretty sure it's coming off. The main thing I wanted to protect was the back, but I thought I would give the front a try. After reading loads of posts it would seem that the naked glass is very tough and quite scratch resistant anyway (fingers crossed). I am always very careful with my gadgets, so I think I Weill go back to naked smooth glass albeit with loads of finger prints...... Hardly any show on the shield.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harters said:
I installed a full Bodyguardz kit to my iPad 2 last night.

The back has installed beautifully and I am really pleased with it, but the front is nowhere near as good. I managed to get it completely lined up and got all the bubbles out, but the cover shows lots of marks and indentations. Its been 21 hours since I installed it, but the fogginess which is supposed to go after 12/24 hours doesn't look any different.

I was very gentle when applying the front, but it's looks like it's been through the wars. The worst area is around the camera.

I will give it a bit longer, but I'm pretty sure it's coming off. The main thing I wanted to protect was the back, but I thought I would give the front a try. After reading loads of posts it would seem that the naked glass is very tough and quite scratch resistant anyway (fingers crossed). I am always very careful with my gadgets, so I think I Weill go back to naked smooth glass albeit with loads of finger prints...... Hardly any show on the shield.

This is the same as me. The back looks really great! (soo shiny lol). But the front looks a right state :(

It went on pretty easy, I did all the usual stuff (made sure screen was nice and clean, washed hands and made sure to spray them with the solution before going near the protector).

But there's still loads of fogginess. I'v had mine on for ages now, like 2 weeks. And it's not showing any signs of clearing up. :(

It can't be seen when the screen is turned on though, and not having the feeling it's going to get scratched at any second, makes up for it. So I'm just going to live with it lol.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MadDragon1846 said:
This is the same as me. The back looks really great! (soo shiny lol). But the front looks a right state :(

It went on pretty easy, I did all the usual stuff (made sure screen was nice and clean, washed hands and made sure to spray them with the solution before going near the protector).

But there's still loads of fogginess. I'v had mine on for ages now, like 2 weeks. And it's not showing any signs of clearing up. :(

It can't be seen when the screen is turned on though, and not having the feeling it's going to get scratched at any second, makes up for it. So I'm just going to live with it lol.

Thanks to your post I now have a naked screen :)

I found the screen wasn't as responsive with the guard and it feels so much nicer now.

Still keeping the back on though as that looks and feels great"

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harters said:
Thanks to your post I now have a naked screen :)

I found the screen wasn't as responsive with the guard and it feels so much nicer now.

Still keeping the back on though as that looks and feels great"

Lol, just don't hunt me down if it gets scratched! :D

I do miss the feel of the naked screen. But I was a nervous wreak whenever I used it.

If I ever do decide to take the screen protector off (maybe if I get an iPad 3 lol). I'll definitely be keeping the back protector on, as much for the looks as the protection. :D

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As an update I thought I would contact the buyer and he very kindly gave me 50% of my money back which is great :)

Most reactions