What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad - saving...

When was the last time you saved work from your PC to a CD-R?

• Less than 24 hrs

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Less than 7 days

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Less than 1 month

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I don't remember...

Votes: 29 82.9%

• Total voters

fasteddie760

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When was the last time you burned a DC-R from your Personal Computer?

Me - I don't remember, but longer than 1 month!

Poll Options:
1. Less than 24 hrs
2. Less than 7 days
3. Less than 1 month
4. I don't remember...

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure the purpose here. I would think many save work to a jump drive - or somewhere to the cloud.

And those of us MacHeads probably use the Mac backup software.

Or maybe this poll is being taken by Fast Eddie of talk radio and TV fame - who is trying to sell us Carbonite :D

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Years. I don't bother ripping to cd anymore. Time Machine for backing up and any quick file transfers I just use a memory card.

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a giant spindle of CD-Rs that have just been gathering dust since 2006 (which was the last time I used one at home). For backups I use a couple external hard drives, and for transferring files I just use an 8gb jump drive.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will say that I have DVD data backups of my photographs in a safe deposit box (about a dozen DVD's.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HA! I bought a spool of 100 CD-Rs like 2 years ago...I still have like 80 I think.

dks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to burn CD's with images of my artwork & submit them for art proposals... so maybe 1 every month...

but other than that, I don't have much use for them anymore.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to burn CD's with images of my artwork & submit them for art proposals... so maybe 1 every month...

You cant just send them in an email, or setup a private flikr account?

Seems like there are a million less wasteful ways of doing the same thing.

dks

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You cant just send them in an email, or setup a private flikr account?

Seems like there are a million less wasteful ways of doing the same thing.

I agree totally... but I still have some clients that even require slides!... some clients will use a web-based software & will occasionally allow a web link... but in general, it is still CD's... hopefully these will work their way out of the requirement process.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last time I used DVDRs. That was two years ago. Now it would take a hundred of those. I prefer using an external hard disk only for that. I plug and fire it up every few months.

Orcapal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A couple of times a year. My wife and I go on fairly exotic vacations. It is amazing how many people will go to a staggeringly beautiful area with only a couple of GB of flash for their camera. :rolleyes:

When they run out of memory cards, we'll "save" them by burning their images to CD/DVD. For ourselves, we not only have enough flash storage to never run out, but we carry two USB drives for triple-redundancy.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Used to use them regular, but not for a long while since I no longer have a need to transport info.

Most reactions