What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad returns to main page

Keshena

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
My wifes ipad keeps returning to main page. I have read a few threads on this and it seems this is a ram issue but its acting a bit different.

so heres what happened. My wife got a notice that someone tried to hack her facebook page. she then reset her password. Then the problem started right after resetting her password. Now when she opens an app, the app opens, but as soon as you ask it to do something it returns to main menu.
Example. she can open her e-mail but as soon as she tries to read one it returns main page. When i hit settings it tries to open and then returns to main page. She just tried netflix and it works fine.Solitaire works fine.

any ideas?
Thanks in advance!!!!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First things first, have you tried these simple fixes....

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar double tap the 'home button ; press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

Also, what version of iOS are you using!

The Archangel

OP
K

Keshena

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel,
Thanks a million!!!!! That seemed to do the trick.

A far as the ios, I have no idea where to find that info? I know just enough about the thing to be very dangerous!!
Thanks again!! Bryan

Most reactions

Latest posts