What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't install new apps

Sviatapolk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave my wife my old iPad 1 after buying the new iPad. We reset everything on it and she said it up with her own account. Worked totally fine for a week or so.

But now she can't install new apps. Every time she tries to, entering the correct password and all, the little widget on the home screen says "waiting" - the download never begins. I can pause it and resume it but it just goes back to waiting.
-There is nothing wrong with the internet connection. She can do everything else on her iPad.
-iTunes account seems to be fine, as she is able to log in, etc.
-Problem seems to have started when she tried to download about 50 podcasts at once. The system started to hang at that point. I deleted them, inasmuch as I was able to.
-I've powered off and on, turned off wifi and back on, etc, done everything short of resetting to factory conditions.

Anyone have a solution? I'd rather not have to reset the damn thing. And I suspect resetting it then retrieving her apps via iTunes will just return it to the status-quo.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this is happening because of those podcasts and you must have some still pending, have a look at Downloads in iTunes, if they're still there just swipe to delete.
If there's no downloads, do a reset, this is not a restore where everything gets wiped and hopefully you get it all back. This is just like rebooting a computer and will change nothing.
Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know how you go.

OP
S

Sviatapolk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are still 33 podcasts pending downloadb How do I delete them? Holding the icons just pauses and starts them. But they all are hanging.

cachaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sviatapolk said:
I gave my wife my old iPad 1 after buying the new iPad. We reset everything on it and she said it up with her own account. Worked totally fine for a week or so.

But now she can't install new apps. Every time she tries to, entering the correct password and all, the little widget on the home screen says "waiting" - the download never begins. I can pause it and resume it but it just goes back to waiting.
-There is nothing wrong with the internet connection. She can do everything else on her iPad.
-iTunes account seems to be fine, as she is able to log in, etc.
-Problem seems to have started when she tried to download about 50 podcasts at once. The system started to hang at that point. I deleted them, inasmuch as I was able to.
-I've powered off and on, turned off wifi and back on, etc, done everything short of resetting to factory conditions.

Anyone have a solution? I'd rather not have to reset the damn thing. And I suspect resetting it then retrieving her apps via iTunes will just return it to the status-quo.

I need to get data plann with AT&T but I messed up on the password and it won't let me access the part of hiring and paying ....... How do I retrieve it???????

Most reactions

Latest posts