What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad--Pages & iBooks crashing

tea_murphy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whenever I try to launch either Pages or iBooks, my screen flashes black for about half a second before returning to whatever I was looking at previously. I get no error messages or notices: it just goes black. This happens when I try to launch programs from the main screen or from within Mail (i.e. when I try to open an attachment). A complete power-down and restart does nothing to help. Advice?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to teach your iPad who is the boss here - OK, time for reboot!!

Press and hold together the Power and Home buttons for about 20 seconds until the white Apple logo appears; it can seem like a very long time but, have faith, that white logo will appear. Then the iPad will reboot; again, it takes some time.

Hopefully this will fix the problem. By the way, a reboot is a completely normal procedure - nothing is lost, no apps or user data.

Tim

dcs3473

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same issues with my iBooks. I did the reboot and still getting the same thing. It only seems to be rebooting on the books I have purchased from iTunes. Any other ideas?

I found that if you remove iBooks 1.3 and re-install 1.22 everything works perfect again. Darn Apple updates.

Last edited:

Genesereth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pages immediately crashes

Whenever I try to launch either Pages or iBooks, my screen flashes black for about half a second before returning to whatever I was looking at previously. I get no error messages or notices: it just goes black. This happens when I try to launch programs from the main screen or from within Mail (i.e. when I try to open an attachment). A complete power-down and restart does nothing to help. Advice?

Newly updated Pages. On start-up shows Pages screen for about a second then crashes. iOS 5.1 Rstartingdoes not fix. Resetting does not fix. Any ideas? This used to work before the latest update (1.7.1 I think).

mrg

Most reactions

Latest posts