What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Repair?

OP
W

WarreNi4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it were me, I would call them up and ask them about getting it repaired. If it sounds like they can do it for a reasonable price, give them a shot. From what I have read through a quick Google search it might take some time to get the iPad back, but they appear to be legit.

If you do decide to try them out, give us a report back when everything is finished. I'm sure you aren't the first or last person that will need repairs at some point. Your input will probably be a big help down the road (as I nervously eye my daughter playing Plants vs. Zombies ....).

I really want to try them out, but I've read that there not very good. I did call them, it's $25 for the analysis and $27ish for the part, so about $60... I'm just nervous because I don't want to send it to them and not get it back...

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's rotten luck!
In the UK, something like that would be covered on the household (contents) insurance. Don't know about the US but have you checked your household policy? Cheers,
Peter

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WarreNi4 said:
I really want to try them out, but I've read that there not very good. I did call them, it's $25 for the analysis and $27ish for the part, so about $60... I'm just nervous because I don't want to send it to them and not get it back...

I find that cost for repair very low as normal cost to repare anything like this would be a minimum of $100 plus parts

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WarreNi4 said:

I find that cost for repair very low as normal cost to repare anything like this would be a minimum of $100 plus parts

That does seem a little low, but the $100 + parts would be more in line with actual Apple pricing for repairs. I got the battery replaced in my iPod Touch by a third party for less than $40 shipped both ways, so I don't think the quoted price is too far out of line. Apple's pricing for the same thing is $99.

Most reactions

Latest posts