What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Recognition Problems

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since I upgraded my iPad 1 to iOS 5.1 and my macmini to Os Lion, the OS Lion does not recognize my iPad when it is plugged in. iTunes will usually recognize it, though after some time has passed. Sometimes it does ot seem to recognize the iPad at all. And I no longer get the usb bleep when I plug it in.

I am running Bootcamp with Win 7 on that side of the "duplex". There, when I plug in my iPad I get a warning that the device is not recognized---and that Win can't install the proper driver.

Can anyone steer me in the direction of a solution?

Thans.

OP
Tuttle

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I checked Apples solutions and none of them worked.

Seems the real problem is under Win 7. I did everything suggested, even to removing and reinstalling the Apple software (iTunes, Quicktime, Bonjour, and all the Apple Mobile Applications software). Same old problem.

Did a web search, to no avail. Apparently lots of people ave problems with "satellite" usb hubs which were solved by using main computer usb jacks. Not for me!

Things seem okay under Appel Lion, but not under Win 7. Reason I need the latter? Someone on the forum suggested thay I use iFunBox to delete photos frim the photo album, but it only runs on Windows!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts