What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows XP SP3 IPAD Problem

Jamesw6175

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having a problem with IPAD . Running Windows XP SP3 and ITunes ver 10.x , and when I plug in my IPAD , the system and Itues don't see the IPAD.
Have tried two separate computer system, desktop and laptop with the same results. iTunes and system will recognize an IPhone connected to the same USB port.

Help - Is it a IPAD problem or Apple problem???

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Make sure you have the latest iTunes installed.

But I can say that my old WinXP SP3 is giving me the same issue with the latest iTunes. So maybe it's not a hardware issue afterall...

VicoPad addict!

OP
J

Jamesw6175

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DrHouse said:
Make sure you have the latest iTunes installed.

But I can say that my old WinXP SP3 is giving me the same issue with the latest iTunes. So maybe it's not a hardware issue afterall...

VicoPad addict!

I like the XP version better than Win 7 so far. Don't know what the problem is? Kept up with the latest updates and can download apps from ITunes directly to IPAD w/o problems. Tried changing cables to no avail, same results.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Jamesw6175 said:
I like the XP version better than Win 7 so far. Don't know what the problem is? Kept up with the latest updates and can download apps from ITunes directly to IPAD w/o problems. Tried changing cables to no avail, same results.

I'm not the best qualified persone on this issue since I'm mainly using Ubuntu on my main machine. The WinXP desktop is quite old, so I always assumed it was USB hardware related. Have you checked the events in Windows (Event Viewer) to see if there is any reported errors?

VicoPad addict!

OP
J

Jamesw6175

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Running ITUNES ver 10.4.1.10 Hp and IPAD (Att ver) 4.3.5(8L1)

OP
J

Jamesw6175

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jamesw6175 said:
Running ITUNES ver 10.4.1.10 Hp and IPAD (Att ver) 4.3.5(8L1)

Checked event log and nothing to indicate any USB problem, could it be a plug & play problem ?

OP
J

Jamesw6175

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have tried both Windows XP and Windows 7 system with the same results. Neither system would recognize the IPAD.

Most reactions