What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad reboots itself over and over

molinahector

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys
I have an iPad wi-fi 64GB for a little over a month now. Last week, i left it at the docking station - charging - and later that day when i took it, the silver logo came up, like when its off, even though it was only sleeping :confused:. After a minute or two of browsing thru the apps - i think i was reading on kindle - it went off and the silver logo came again.

Well, long story short, it has been doing that for the last couple of days, it works for a minute or two and then reboots :(. Battery shows its ok - around 90%.

I tried to restore it twice, once whit a backup of the iPad, and the other one to start from scratch without luck....

Luv my iPad so far and the support guy from Apple i talked to this morning told me to send it over, but as i am in Colombia, i'm trying to avoid that.

Help anyone?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take it to apple service no other choice assuming you launched iTunes held home button down when you connecteed it to the computer to do full restore

alextran888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have the same problem, the ipad reboots itself. I have jailbroken my ipad so it makes it a bit harder to troubleshoot the solution to this problem or call Apple for help. If you jailbreak there is a compatibility list out there. Unfortunately, I do not see anyone mention a problem with any of the items I like to install. Hopefully someone has some insight on this issue that we seem to have in common. A second problem I recently experienced is the Maps app was unable to locate me. Quicklock a jailbreak to turn off the screen seems to be the culprit because maps location works now without Quicklock installed. I dont understand why a hack to turn off the screen disables the location functionality? Help? anyone?

OMG_its_Al

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad rebootes itself over and over

Ditto here on the rebooting issue... i also did a restore, and nothing... my guess is that it started happening after I started loading some of the new apps that were released for IOS 4 (yes they're pushing out iphone fixes to the ipad)... now my ipad reboots itself ... i'm calling it iQuirk... better suited... if anyone has any luck getting Apple to admit to the iQuirk issue please let me know... Live long & prosper (just don't reboot) :D

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I had this issue 3 days after getting my ipad 3G at launch. There is a faulty sleep/wake button. after a while it would work to wake up the ipad but pressing it to put the ipad to sleep stopped working. It would also randomly reboot. The are you sure you want to shut down slider would show for half a second and then it would just reboot without me doing anything.

apple replaced it and i have had no problems with my new one.

OP
M

molinahector

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, quick update, sent my iPad to apple and they couldn't fix it, so, i got a new one!

alextran888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I've something you can try to stop you ipad from self rebooting. I noticed that the ipad reboots like on a timed loop. I did this to stop this issue. I turned off " Insomnia" .. I havent had the reboots issue for over a week. Recently I turned on Insomnia and left it on longer than needed and "reboot issue back again". Obviously there are unresolved compatibility issue with OS 3.2. I hope this was helpful.. I have another observation to share " I think the Quicklock another JB app, is causing Maps app to not determine its location. Besides uninstalling Quicklock I also went into settings to reset network settings and everything is working so far.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I would guess it was a jailbreak app. Try restoring clean, I'll bet it doesn't do it again.

Most reactions