What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Producing Errors, Unable to get on Forum

Spikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I hope someone can assist with my problem.

I play World of Warcraft and use the ipad to surf the WOW website (europe) and their forums when not at home. They have just introduced a new website and forum, which for some reason will not load properly into my Ipad.

I tried Safari on my PC and the site works fine on that, as did the old WOW site on my Ipad.

The error that comes up is always the same, either a single line of text or multiple lines. "Error on line xxx at column xx: comment not terminated<!--"
It then renders the page up to the error. I get to the index page of the forums okay and it shows me the different thread headings, ie General, technical etc, but the above error is at the top of the page and if I try and open a thread heading all I get is the error message and the page is not rendered.

My ipad is up to date with the 4.2 update, and I am baffled as to what the problem could be. Thanks for any help forthcoming.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried an alternative browser such as Atomic or Perfect Browser?
Probably an encoding error at their end.

OP
S

Spikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for reply hasty, I did not know that you could use another browser on the Ipad. Thanks will give it a try :)

Last edited:
OP
S

Spikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Afraid that did not work I downloaded both Perfect Browser and Atomic and they both gave the exact same results as in Safari, if anyone else that read's this could just try their Ipads and see if you connect to world of warcrafts new site okay, and let me know in this thread, then I can more or less say it's a prob with my Ipad for some reason.

I cannot post a link yet on this forum but if you go to the main wow europe site it will have links on their main page to the new site

Appreciate any help thank you

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just surfed through several threads and replies there without any problem...try restarting your ipad

OP
S

Spikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies folks, I have asked a few friends who also own 3g Iphones and they get the same errors on their phones. BrennB, hopefully I can now post a link and this is the new site , Forums - World of Warcraft

I'm hoping you went to the original site :)

Again could I ask some more people to check the site out on their Ipads Please, would really appreciate it. Thanks.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is that whom ever wrote the web site does not understand there is another world out there. It will be a coding problem most likely I suggest you email the web host and advise as it is up to them to correct it .

The above is if in fact you can not resolve the issue by restarting the iPad

Last edited:
OP
S

Spikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Col.bris, I have reset the Ipad and also Restored it, twice, thinking that may help but with the same results. As you say probably an en-coding problem, I'll do as you say and e-mail them, cheers.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just surfed the site and forum with out issue. For what ever reason your router modem may be the issue I have no other answers on how to correct it. Try going out side your house to a location that has wifi. I assume you are not on 3G

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried again from your link using both wifi only and 3G only and both times had no problems viewing posts in the forums

OP
S

Spikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again for all your help folks, Col.bris, yes I have 3g, I don't use the Ipad at home it's only when I go out, and at work.

As you all seem to be having no problems I am at a loss as to the reasons why I get this error, the only other thing I can think of is the 3g provider, I am with O2, don't know if that could be the cause.

OP
S

Spikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay folks, update on my problem.

For some as yet unknown reason, the problem is O2, my service provider. I checked a friends mobile, who is on T-mobile's 3g and he connected fine, I recently changed from Orange to O2, so put my Orange sim back in as it expires on the 8th of Dec, and low and behold, no problem accessing the site on the Ipad.

So will be contacting O2 to find out what could be causing the problems. What I do know is that the new site for WOW is written in the new HTML5, and this could be what is causing the errors if O2 configurations do not support this HTML.

I cannot go back to Orange which would be the obvious choice as the area that I use the Ipad in Orange reception is atrocious, and O2 is very good, so will have to bend their ears.

I thank you all for your help with this problem and will let you know the results after I chat with my service provider.

OP
S

Spikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Final Update, o2 Were as helpful as a wet fish in the face. They stated as I could connect okay to other sites there was nothing they could do.

So I closed the account and tried 3, another service provider, problem solved, their reception and connection at the area I need it is very good, and yes, the new website for WOW works, and another Plus, I pay the same tarrif but my allowance is 10gigs instead of just 2 :)

So again I thank you all for your help. \o/

Most reactions

Latest posts