What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 unknown error (1140)

beardaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When trying to sync photos I get the following message. "The iPad "my computer name" cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (1140). Can anyone help me with this?

I have tried to find a solution on line. I have removed my iPad cache and still get the same error problem. I am able to choose a folder and download photos in that manner. Yet I am unable to download from iPhoto.

Arg... Jim

OP
B

beardaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just want to say that I was able to correct the problem by putting my iPhoto directory back on my hard drive. I had moved it to an external drive because of the large photo files I have. It kind of bums me out. Oh well...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've never had much luck putting iPhoto or Aperture on an external drive. It always seems to work for a while, sometimes a long while, and then little things start going wrong.

Most reactions

Latest posts