What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro user NEWBIE and is there remote assistance

gemtoba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

I live 10 hrs away from my 84 yr old mother. For past 4 years she has been using iPad Pro 12.9 2015 and I am a windows user. However, she phones me asking "how to" questions. It gets frustrating to explain from afar. I've recently acquired same ipad as she has.
Is there a way that I can access her ipad screen remotely from my home ipad? similar to windows remote assistance, from one laptop to another.
obviously the distance doesn't allow to be connected to same WiFi network
If yes, is there a link to a tutorial.

Thank you,

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This might help. It is not possible to remote control her iPad, but it may help you talk her through an issue, especially since it is already part of a FaceTime call.

I can't say how well this works, since I've never done it. I don't have a lot of relatives/friends who both use iOS devices and like to make video calls.

You could probably do something similar using the Zoom app, since it will also share screens. Not sure. I've haven't explored the iPad's Zoom client beyond the basics.

In both cases, you would need to coach your mother through making the contact and sharing the screen. I suspect FaceTime would be easier. Zoom calls take a bit more experience.

OP
G

gemtoba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This might help. It is not possible to remote control her iPad, but it may help you talk her through an issue, especially since it is already part of a FaceTime call.

I can't say how well this works, since I've never done it. I don't have a lot of relatives/friends who both use iOS devices and like to make video calls.

You could probably do something similar using the Zoom app, since it will also share screens. Not sure. I've haven't explored the iPad's Zoom client beyond the basics.

In both cases, you would need to coach your mother through making the contact and sharing the screen. I suspect FaceTime would be easier. Zoom calls take a bit more experience.
Thanks for your input. Im not familiar with facetime but will look into that. Thx

Most reactions

Latest posts