What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro Battery Life

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
For those of you who have picked up the iPad Pro, what are your thoughts on the battery life? How does it withstand heavy use and how quickly does it re-charge.

I am interested in knowing some of your hands-on thoughts as it deals with battery life.

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery life is outstanding. Already tested it with my standard internet usage test of a 90 minute Netflix movie with screen and volume at 50%. Location services are on.

Battery testing:

iPad Pro:
A loss of 11% per 90 minutes of Netflix play. Loss of .1222% per minute of use. 7.333% a hour. Total of 12.2 hours of Netflix play. This is with screen and volume set at 50%. Location services are on.

This mirrors my iPad 3 battery life and what I have tested is the gold standard of battery life for a tablet.
This is very impressive considering it's driving 4 speakers sounds louder than all the other tablets and it's brightness is brighter than all the other tablets set at 50% brightness. In the real world, I would set it to 40ish % and volume lower and get considerably better battery life.

To put this into perspective here are a few other tablets and how they performed in the similar test.

Samsung Tab S 10": loss of 23% per 90 minutes giving it a 6.52 hour Netflix play time.
Lenovo Tab 2 A10: loss of 17% per 90 minutes giving it a 8.82 hour Netflix play time.
IPad 3: loss of 11% per 90 minutes giving it a 12.2 hour of Netflix play time.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that is pretty impressive battery life for the performance you are getting.

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Used it for about 4 or 5 hours last night and a good portion of that was installing and updating something like 170 apps. Used it for a couple hours today checking out the apps to see what I wanted to keep and what I wanted to delete. It was at about 65% when I plugged it in

Most reactions

Latest posts