What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pre-Orders Reach 91,000 on 1st Day

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, that is unbelievable! One more reason why I think the iPad will be sold out on launch day!

leebase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess we'll have to see. Wouldn't most of those who wanted to preorder, do so on the first day they could? Apple would need to sell near a half million iPads a month to make the 4-5 million iPads sold this year.

That's nearly 15,000 that need to sell every day. That's 650,000 ipads that would have been sold since the day of the announcement -- and only 91,000 sold when people had a chance?

Another way to look at it -- for every day since the iPad has been announced, 2068 iPads have been sold. That pace would end up with less than 700,000 iPads sold this year.

Lee

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Number higher

I read that it was more like 120,000. Where are these numbers coming from anyways? A leak inside Apple or are people just guessing? I also saw a 64GB Wifi model on eBay for $2395.00. People are going to get gouged on these things. There definitely won't be any units for someone to walk in off of the street on April 3rd and buy. If there are any real problems with the delivered units on April 3rd Apple stock will fall like a rock!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad is good for read the news

I guess we'll have to see. Wouldn't most of those who wanted to preorder, do so on the first day they could? Apple would need to sell near a half million iPads a month to make the 4-5 million iPads sold this year.

That's nearly 15,000 that need to sell every day. That's 650,000 ipads that would have been sold since the day of the announcement -- and only 91,000 sold when people had a chance?

Another way to look at it -- for every day since the iPad has been announced, 2068 iPads have been sold. That pace would end up with less than 700,000 iPads sold this year.

Lee

Lee have an important element you forgot is the Ipad is yet available only US , and i believe not so many people have friend or familly in US can pre-order for them, also all of us are what they call early adopter ... we are not the mass market we are just a small% , when the Ipad will come out many will buy after get their hand on the device

Last edited:

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it is pretty amazing that with the US economy in the worst shape that it has ever been in, record high unemployment, record home foreclosures, record bank failings, and no end in sight that 120,000 people bought iPads yesterday. Most of them will be purchased on credit and drive the US consumer deeper and deeper into debt. Just goes to show you where people's priorities are. It will be interesting to see how fast the US consumer electronics market crumbles when the dollar collapses and inflation soars.

Buy Gold:):):)

leebase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good point about global sales.

As far as the economy....that really doesn't matter if Apple expects to sell 4 million units.

I'm just saying that 91,000 or 120,000 pre orders might not be as impressive as it sounds. Then again, I have no idea how many iPhones or iPod Touches were pre ordered.

Lee

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course the economy matters. When the dollar collapses and inflation hits that $499 iPad will be more like $1099.00. When a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jelly costs $25.00 do you think that people are going to be buying electronic gadgets or life's necessities? :D

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course the economy matters. When the dollar collapses and inflation hits that $499 iPad will be more like $1099.00. When a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jelly costs $25.00 do you think that people are going to be buying electronic gadgets or life's necessities? :D

If your so worried about the economy and you are preaching your wisdom to us, I assume you aren't getting a iPad and are just lurking around these forums to stop us electronic sinners from ruining our lives.

Thank you for your concern.

Cya

Most reactions

Latest posts