What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pre-Order Shipping date changed again

Winawer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should check again, you might get a different agent. They told me that if any of the iPads miss dellivery today, they are laying on extra deliveries tomorrow to cover it - so you shouldn't have to wait until Monday.

Yeah this is true. You may have just had a misinformed agent - because I have spoken with numerous ones and they have said they are doing Saturday delivery even if your area doesn't normally have Saturday service.

And they'll also be out until late this evening doing deliveries.

Well, I took your guys' advice and called again. Unfortunately, it seems that the first agent was uninformed, but still mostly correct: my iPad is either in Mississauga or has just left, but it's not going to make it for delivery today. She did say that I could pick it up tomorrow, but that's still a bit of a blow. I guess Edmonton just didn't make the cutoff....

Oops, the local Edmonton FedEx people just called me back as I was writing this. Seems like nobody at the call center knows what's going on, and that the iPads just aren't going to be here until Monday. I'm going to pick it up Monday morning. <sigh> Sure glad I pre-ordered it.

OP
C

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should check again, you might get a different agent. They told me that if any of the iPads miss dellivery today, they are laying on extra deliveries tomorrow to cover it - so you shouldn't have to wait until Monday.

Yeah this is true. You may have just had a misinformed agent - because I have spoken with numerous ones and they have said they are doing Saturday delivery even if your area doesn't normally have Saturday service.

And they'll also be out until late this evening doing deliveries.

Well, I took your guys' advice and called again. Unfortunately, it seems that the first agent was uninformed, but still mostly correct: my iPad is either in Mississauga or has just left, but it's not going to make it for delivery today. She did say that I could pick it up tomorrow, but that's still a bit of a blow. I guess Edmonton just didn't make the cutoff....

Oops, the local Edmonton FedEx people just called me back as I was writing this. Seems like nobody at the call center knows what's going on, and that the iPads just aren't going to be here until Monday. I'm going to pick it up Monday morning. <sigh> Sure glad I pre-ordered it.

That is a crock, I'm in BC which is even further away and I am getting mine today.

I feel a letter to Apple coming on, they took your money and gave you a delivery date - I am sure they would want to compensate you for the delay and your disappointment!!!! (Someone in the USA got a free case out of them for the delays and messing around with the shipment!)

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah Winawer, that's a real drag I'm so sorry about that.

My FedEx driver just called me personally to confirm that somebody will be home between 4pm and 5pm because that's when he'll be in the area and someone has to sign for it. I thought that was pretty good customer service.

xtianyves

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just called FedEx for the third time and am now told that my iPad is on a plane from Mississauga and is due to arrive here in Vancouver by this evening.

Makes me wish I had just gone out to line up at the local Best Buy or Apple store downtown. I took the day off for nothing.

And yes as was mentioned before, call FedEx instead of using the web tracking info as it's all out of whack. I would call a few times since each of the different reps have told me everything from "it's here in Vancouver" to "it won't arrive until Monday" and the last call I made a few minutes ago the rep told me it would 100% arrive today by this evening.

I shouldn't have pre-ordered on May 10th.

Winawer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
<laugh> The tracking website just updated to tell me that the shipment would arrive tonight by midnight.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
<laugh> The tracking website just updated to tell me that the shipment would arrive tonight by midnight.

I think you should stick around just in case it comes by. I was told they are trying to do them all today... even after closing hours. Keep your hopes up and stay home to answer the door!

I was told several stories like yours (delayed due to flight, blah blah, didn't make the customs cut-off, won't make it today) and then also that it would be here.

Post if anything happens!

Krew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all u guys who are waiting :) I know its frustrating and being patient is hard now (cuz i was there 2, lol) but just keep remembering that once you get it you'll love it and all this frustration will be over and forgotten. :D

Winawer

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I think you should stick around just in case it comes by. I was told they are trying to do them all today... even after closing hours. Keep your hopes up and stay home to answer the door!

I was told several stories like yours (delayed due to flight, blah blah, didn't make the customs cut-off, won't make it today) and then also that it would be here.

Post if anything happens!

Oh, I'll be home all day, but I'm not holding out much hope - the person that I spoke to at the local facility was very adamant that they weren't going to be delivering any of them until Monday (at the earliest).

Still, here's hoping. And (envious hatred aside...:) enjoy your iPad!

xtianyves

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's another fun update from FedEx.

My tracking info now says that an attempt was made and that future delivery has been requested.

I just called FedEx again and the rep says she'll get a Trace Agent to call me back to find out exactly where the package is. I hope this isn't just a case of the driver being too busy or lazy to try and deliver the package and instead marked that an attempt was made.

Anyway so either my iPad is still on that plane or they did actually attempt to deliver it and I somehow didn't hear my door buzzer this entire time I've been sitting here.

Anyone else in the Vancouver area get their iPad in the past hour or so?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:D Got mine at 12:15 (iPF site time):D

Got to fiddle a lot with it. Now it's syncing contacts, books, a little music and apps.

Hope you all get yours soon!

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My tracking info now says that an attempt was made and that future delivery has been requested.

I just called FedEx again and the rep says she'll get a Trace Agent to call me back to find out exactly where the package is. I hope this isn't just a case of the driver being too busy or lazy to try and deliver the package and instead marked that an attempt was made.

Anyway so either my iPad is still on that plane or they did actually attempt to deliver it and I somehow didn't hear my door buzzer this entire time I've been sitting here.

When it says Future Delivery Requested that's just the checkpoint at your local facility - basically reminding FedEx that if it was there before May 28th that Apple has a hold on the shipment until today.

If it is at that point - Future Delivery Requested - and has a city/facility name near you, it is definitely off the plane and at the facility. Now it's just a matter of them sorting through the bulk shipments and loading them on to the trucks for delivery!

xtianyves

iPF Noob
Reaction score

When it says Future Delivery Requested that's just the checkpoint at your local facility - basically reminding FedEx that if it was there before May 28th that Apple has a hold on the shipment until today.

If it is at that point - Future Delivery Requested - and has a city/facility name near you, it is definitely off the plane and at the facility. Now it's just a matter of them sorting through the bulk shipments and loading them on to the trucks for delivery!

Trouble is the Future Delivery Requested is listed in Mississauga... I'm in Vancouver. I'm hoping it actually means it's still coming today, and not tomorrow or Monday. I'm not going to be around to receive the package. Doh!

Oh well, here's hoping it comes today anyway. Thanks for the clarification though!

dosto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine had said it was on delivery truck this am, then exception - future delivery, then back on truck again. Thankfully, it was delivered this afternoon, 2 minutes after I got home (I passed the Fedex truck looking for my street).

I think there are issues with Fedex's tracking system.

xtianyves

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I got a call from a trace agent at the local facility here. I'm definitely not getting my iPad today. It's still on its way here but will be sent out for delivery tomorrow. There's only one driver for the city of Vancouver tomorrow apparently so no ETA can be given. No one will be home tomorrow so I'll have to wait until Monday I suppose. They did give me the option of picking it up but they're only open until 4PM tomorrow. I'm out on a photoshoot all day tomorrow. Perfect timing Apple & FedEx.

Like I said, I should have lined up instead. I live close enough to the Oakridge Apple Store here in Vancouver that it would have saved me the aggravation.

Yes, I can't wait for my iPad and yes I'm more than irritated that I paid to have something delivered that I might end up having to pick up anyway. Thank you for letting me pre-order to receive my iPad later than buying at retail Apple!

Most reactions

Latest posts