What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pre-Order Shipping date changed again

dosto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something strange with Fedex:

My Ipad was in Mississauga this morning, but now is back in Anchorage. I got an email from Apple saying that delivery will be delayed at least one day due to flight delay.

I phoned Fedex and they have no explanation why my package is recorded to have gone from Alaska to Memphis to Mississauga to Alaska. I was about the 50th person to call them about this.:(

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My Ipad was in Mississauga this morning, but now is back in Anchorage. I got an email from Apple saying that delivery will be delayed at least one day due to flight delay.

I phoned Fedex and they have no explanation why my package is recorded to have gone from Alaska to Memphis to Mississauga to Alaska. I was about the 50th person to call them about this.:(
Sorry for you!
Do they deliver on saturdays?

dosto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
.:([/quote]Sorry for you!
Do they deliver on saturdays?[/QUOTE]

Apparently so. Apple said they will try to deliver by Saturday noon.

OP
C

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Sorry for you!
Do they deliver on saturdays?

That sucks. I know fedex here only deliver Mon to Fri here. As it is their delays I hope that they deliver to you on Saturday.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm quite upset at the moment.

It's 3:02am on May 28th.

Apple still says "Delivers by May 28th", but FedEx has updated the page from originally saying Estimated Delivery May 28 by 6pm to an expected delivery now of Monday, May 31st by 6pm. I pre-ordered my iPad as soon as immediately possible on May 10th, refreshing the Apple Canada iPad page over and over until "Pre-order" was available. I'll be quite upset if I don't get it today on the 28th. I ordered a WiFi + 3G 64GB flavour with AppleCare and a Rogers microSIM (which came via UPS on the 26th)... so I dropped a decent amount of cash too.

Here's my tracking info:

May 28, 2010 12:30 AM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
May 27, 2010 3:11 PM Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
May 27, 2010 5:18 PM In transit MISSISSAUGA, ON Paperwork available for non-FedEx broker
May 27, 2010 1:10 PM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
May 27, 2010 8:26 PM In transit SHENZHEN CN
May 27, 2010 7:09 PM In transit SHENZHEN CN
May 26, 2010 9:33 PM At local FedEx facility SHENZHEN CN
May 26, 2010 12:07 AM Left FedEx origin facility SHENZHEN CN
May 25, 2010 8:41 PM Picked up SHENZHEN CN Package received after FedEx cutoff
May 24, 2010 10:47 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

I'm not sure what the hold up was between May 25-27 in Shenzhen, China - but it seems to have screwed up my delivery for launch day. It was held there for an entire additional day than what everybody else's seems to have been. It seems like it left on 5/26 at 12:07am like most people's did, but then somehow ended up BACK at the Shenzhen facility almost a day later. Super frustrating. Hoping it's an error in the tracking updates and that it's with everybody else's getting ready for delivery.

You see, Apple ships products in bulk quantities to make it quicker and easier to clear customs (others will likely have similar tracking routes to mine) and then they aren't actually separated until they are at the DESTINATION SORT CENTRE status in Mississauga - the paperwork update is not actually a tracking location.

My iPad hasn't even reached the destination sort centre, so it's still bulked with others' iPads and probably won't come until Monday now. I have not received any delay email from Apple so I'm hoping it can power through and make it today on the 28th, but if not I'm hoping to weasel something out of Apple for the inconvenience and no notification of delay.

The only hope that I have is that I've seen others' tracking information go from "Arrived at FedEx in Memphis" to "Left FedEx Facility in Memphis" to "Dest Sort Centre in Mississauga" within 12 hours total, and I live about 30 minutes from Mississauga - so if it can make it there by mid-day Friday I may have a hope. Not getting my hopes up too high though at this point... I'm very disappointed.

Anybody else in my boat feel free to comment, and I'll be sure to post back with any updates I get throughout the day.

EDIT AT 3:37AM 5/28: While there is no additional update in my tracking information, my estimated delivery date has been changed back to May 28th by 6pm! Yes! Fingers crossed.

EDIT AT 9:15AM 5/28: My FedEx tracking information still has an expected delivery date of May 28 by 6pm, but when I call FedEx they are saying that there's no way the package will meet that deadline and that it won't arrive until May 31st. At this point, I don't know who to believe.

EDIT AT 9:30AM 5/28: And there it is. The email from Apple saying that there has been a "flight delay" and that my iPad won't arrive on the 28th as planned. They say FedEx will attempt a Saturday delivery, but FedEx told me they don't do Saturday delivery in my area... great. This sucks.

EDIT AT 9:40AM 5/28: Wow. This just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Just talked to FedEx again, and they said (despite what the website says) that additional scans have been done and that the iPad is in Canada has cleared customs and will be delivered by the end of the day today. This coming right after Apple sent me a delay email... I don't get it. I guess only time will tell... I took the day off today... need my iPad!

Last edited:

Winawer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody else in my boat feel free to comment, and I'll be sure to post back with any updates I get throughout the day.

I hear you, Adam. I think my iPad's in the same shipment as yours, because your tracking info is identical to mine. And I took tomorrow off to wait for my shipment, too...:-(

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I hear you, Adam. I think my iPad's in the same shipment as yours, because your tracking info is identical to mine. And I took tomorrow off to wait for my shipment, too...:-(

Took the day off as well.

However, check your tracking info again! I posted an update on my original post. I don't have any new tracking info, but my Estimated Delivery date has changed back to May 28 by 6pm!

I'm hoping, fingers crossed, that it doesn't change again and that it actually arrives today. Best of luck to you!

Winawer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took the day off as well.

However, check your tracking info again! I posted an update on my original post. I don't have any new tracking info, but my Estimated Delivery date has changed back to May 28 by 6pm!

I'm hoping, fingers crossed, that it doesn't change again and that it actually arrives today. Best of luck to you!

Huh. I'll be damned, mine did too. Well, I'll say this for FedEx / Apple / whoever the hell is running this show: they really know how to screw with your emotions! I know it's just a gadget, and I shouldn't be this invested in it, but I've been waiting for so long that I might scream if they yank it back to the 31st tomorrow...

Good luck to you too. :)

sbarnes8478

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And the race is on! lol. Us Newfoundlanders have an unfair advantage due to timezone, but I don't live next door to the FedEx facility.

<bites nails>

Go FedEx, Go!!

<Obsessively hitting reload>

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My tracking info hasn't changed in the last 36 hours. It is still reading at the destination sort facility in Mississauga. Now that is only .5 km from my house. So close and yet so far! It is due to arrive May 28th @ 10:30AM according to FedEx. Apple states "delivers by May 31". I'd be pretty upset if if that's the case.

OP
C

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My tracking info hasn't changed from 3:27am (local time) it still says left Memphis but it hasn't actually arrived anywhere yet. Now been en-route without an update for 29 hours.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My tracking info hasn't changed from 3:27am (local time) it still says left Memphis but it hasn't actually arrived anywhere yet. Now been en-route without an update for 29 hours.

That's the same as what mine says, but I just got off the phone with a FedEx customer service rep and she told me there has been additional scans.

Apparently mine has arrived in Canada and cleared customs and will be delivered by the end of the day - and within the hour I'll see a whole bunch of "scans" come through on the website.

Hopefully yours and mine both make it today! :)

OP
C

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully yours and mine both make it today! :)

I hope so too. Funny the additional scans don't show up. Nornally they say chack the website for tracking as it shows as much info as they have. My husband is working from home today so it would be a great day for it to be delivered.

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MINE CAME! They estimated delivery before 10:30 and at 10:05 the door rang. The FedEx employee told me that I was the first that she delivered today. She knew what the package was and told me that she had a very busy day ahead of her. I'm so excited. I haven't opened it yet but the box is certainly in pristine condition. Hope the contents are. Wishing everyone else here prompt delivery times.

Most reactions

Latest posts