What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pre-Order Shipping date changed again

sbarnes8478

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MINE CAME! They estimated delivery before 10:30 and at 10:05 the door rang. The FedEx employee told me that I was the first that she delivered today. She knew what the package was and told me that she had a very busy day ahead of her. I'm so excited. I haven't opened it yet but the box is certainly in pristine condition. Hope the contents are. Wishing everyone else here prompt delivery times.

Congrats! (and yes, I'm jealous...)

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MINE CAME! They estimated delivery before 10:30 and at 10:05 the door rang. The FedEx employee told me that I was the first that she delivered today. She knew what the package was and told me that she had a very busy day ahead of her. I'm so excited. I haven't opened it yet but the box is certainly in pristine condition. Hope the contents are. Wishing everyone else here prompt delivery times.

Where are you located in Ontario? Perhaps mine is coming along soon as well!

OP
C

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score

OMG Lucky you I am so jealous!!!!

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope yours does Adam. I live only .5km away from the FedEx building in Mississauga. It was at the distribution center for 36 hours so they probably had time to sort and re-direct those heading to Newmarket. The TV coverage of the stores didn't show long, long line-ups with campers etc. In some cases, numbers were given out at 8AM so people didn't have to stand in line till the store opened at 10AM.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope yours does Adam. I live only .5km away from the FedEx building in Mississauga. It was at the distribution center for 36 hours so they probably had time to sort and re-direct those heading to Newmarket.

I just spoke with FedEx customer service again. They told me the entire "batch" (for my area) left Mississauga at 8:40 this morning destined for the Barrie sorting centre where the individual shipments would be put out on trucks for delivery... it's just a matter of whether or not they can push through and get it out on time!

But if it left Mississauga at 8:40 it should have been in Barrie by now so we'll see I guess...

Last edited:
OP
C

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave in and rang FedEx - mine is on a plane to Vancouver, still on schedule for delivery by 6pm tonight. I will be so ticked if it doesn't arrive on time. Apple knew how many pre-orders they had. I ordered on 10th May - 18 days ago!

Winawer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My tracking info hasn't changed from 3:27am (local time) it still says left Memphis but it hasn't actually arrived anywhere yet. Now been en-route without an update for 29 hours.

That's the same as what mine says, but I just got off the phone with a FedEx customer service rep and she told me there has been additional scans.

Apparently mine has arrived in Canada and cleared customs and will be delivered by the end of the day - and within the hour I'll see a whole bunch of "scans" come through on the website.

Hopefully yours and mine both make it today! :)

Huh. Well, reading this makes me happy, because FedEx is still reporting that mine (which should be in the same shipment as Adam's, or at least was when it hit Memphis) is still in Memphis and hasn't left yet. But they're still claiming it'll be at my door by 6 p.m. tonight...

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Huh. Well, reading this makes me happy, because FedEx is still reporting that mine (which should be in the same shipment as Adam's, or at least was when it hit Memphis) is still in Memphis and hasn't left yet. But they're still claiming it'll be at my door by 6 p.m. tonight...

That is what my current status says too. But like I said, FedEx said my iPad is cleared and out for delivery somewhere... they said their online tracking is getting slammed right now and is not updating any scans.

The agent I just spoke with again at 12:30 said that it will be delivered today.

Still have my fingers crossed... don't want to leave the house!

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave in and rang FedEx - mine is on a plane to Vancouver, still on schedule for delivery by 6pm tonight. I will be so ticked if it doesn't arrive on time. Apple knew how many pre-orders they had. I ordered on 10th May - 18 days ago!

I agree, mine better arrive as well. I ordered mine as soon as possible on the Apple Canada website so if it's late there is just no excuse.

That being said, I'm keeping my hopes high as I've been told 3-4 times today by different FedEx agents that it is still on schedule for 6pm delivery.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI to those waiting:

FedEx just informed me that for updates you should call them, not check the website, as it is malfunctioning.

They also told me that they have made a commitment to Apple that they will be out delivering iPads until midnight tonight (5/28) local times, and any that were unable to be delivered will be done by noon tomorrow (5/29) local time.

Makes me feel much better to be honest...

Winawer

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That is what my current status says too. But like I said, FedEx said my iPad is cleared and out for delivery somewhere... they said their online tracking is getting slammed right now and is not updating any scans.

The agent I just spoke with again at 12:30 said that it will be delivered today.

Just spoke with a FedEx agent who told me that it's in Toronto and that they didn't make it in time to have it delivered to me today. :-( So it looks like I'm getting it on Monday.

(Oh, and they got my address wrong, which is awesome).

OP
C

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is now in town:

May 28, 2010 7:55 AM
At local FedEx facility

KELOWNA, BC​

Just been to the local Future Shop with a colleague and they have them all in stock except the 32G WiFi. We had a good look at it.

OP
C

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Just spoke with a FedEx agent who told me that it's in Toronto and that they didn't make it in time to have it delivered to me today. :-( So it looks like I'm getting it on Monday.

You should check again, you might get a different agent. They told me that if any of the iPads miss dellivery today, they are laying on extra deliveries tomorrow to cover it - so you shouldn't have to wait until Monday.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You should check again, you might get a different agent. They told me that if any of the iPads miss dellivery today, they are laying on extra deliveries tomorrow to cover it - so you shouldn't have to wait until Monday.

Yeah this is true. You may have just had a misinformed agent - because I have spoken with numerous ones and they have said they are doing Saturday delivery even if your area doesn't normally have Saturday service.

And they'll also be out until late this evening doing deliveries.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Feeling pretty good now - confident I'll get it by the end of the day.

My tracking info just updated telling me that my iPad is at the Barrie Local Facility about 30 minutes away, and according to the customer service rep, they have drivers standing by and are loading up the trucks. Delivery time has been updated to be done by today before 11:59pm... LOL.

Thanks for the commitment, FedEx!

Most reactions

Latest posts