What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pre-Order Shipping date changed again

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup. It means the shipper requested they not deliver before a specific date. The shipper is paying the fare, so....

From the FedEx page

Shipment Dates

Ship date
helpIcon.gif
, May 25, 2010

Estimated delivery
helpIcon.gif
, May 28, 2010 by 12:00 PM

My Apple invoice: Ships: Delivers by May 28th

So you could assume it could be early

OP
C

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think mine is going the scenic route, it is now in Memphis:

May 27, 2010 3:39 AM
Departed FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN

May 27, 2010 12:26 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN​

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So the general consensus is that even though it's literally a 30min drive from where I am now, the iPad won't be delivered until tomorrow? :(

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is at the destination sort facility in Mississauga. I live in Mississauga. Hopefully it will be delivered then on the 28th instead of the estimation date that Apple gave of May 31st. It was ordered in the early AM hours of May 10th. I'll be pulling up my lawn chair at the door so I don't miss the door bell!

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is at the destination sort facility in Mississauga. I live in Mississauga. Hopefully it will be delivered then on the 28th instead of the estimation date that Apple gave of May 31st. It was ordered in the early AM hours of May 10th. I'll be pulling up my lawn chair at the door so I don't miss the door bell!

Don't you just want to get in the car and go to the sort facility and get the bloody thing, I know I want to! ;-)

Apple iPad UK pre-orders arrive early | Fonehome.co.uk

Other people are getting their's early

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping it will arrive on Friday as my husband happens to be working from home that day. If it arrives Monday then I will have to wait the three attempts and wont get it until Thursday.

If you don't mind them leaving it at your front door or with a neighbor you can pre sign for it on the tracking page. I did that with my accessories. You can see if it on a truck or not by checking the tracking page frequently.

OP
C

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So the general consensus is that even though it's literally a 30min drive from where I am now, the iPad won't be delivered until tomorrow? :(

Next time you check it will probably be in Memphis with the rest of them.

JohnnyAppleseed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tired of Waiting...

I don't understand Apple sometimes. I'm simply tired of waiting for my iPad to come in to my local Apple Store. I'm on a reserve list, but I've been on that list for 3 weeks now and frankly, I just don't want to wait anymore.

OP
C

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand Apple sometimes. I'm simply tired of waiting for my iPad to come in to my local Apple Store. I'm on a reserve list, but I've been on that list for 3 weeks now and frankly, I just don't want to wait anymore.

I was in Bellingham, WA a couple of weeks ago trying to get my hands on one. They asked me if I wanted to be put on a wait list - all they do is call you when they come in. If someone buys them between them calling you and you getting to the store, it's tough. They told me they don't actually set them aside for you. I didn't see the point as that would probably be the day the border guards would totally strip my car down and it would take all day to get there!!!

Have you tried using Milo: Find it local. Get it now! you can check BestBuy stock online. I found one in stock in Seattle but by then I was back in Canada.

OP
C

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Just checked BestBuy for Monrovia and a 32GB Wifi is in stock at BestBuy in Pasadena. Is that near you? If you are interested you might want to call and see how many they have before you set off.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the way it is...

Mine's in Mississauga also.

I went to Future Shop this morning and they got them back store.

The attendant refused my begging just to see them!:p

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the way it is...

Mine's in Mississauga also.

I went to Future Shop this morning and they got them back store.

The attendant refused my begging just to see them!:p

LOL, ah well, tomorrow is but a day away

Most reactions

Latest posts