What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mobile Me Users?

Are you a mobile me user?

• Yes!

Votes: 94 50.5%
  • No!

Votes: 70 37.6%
  • Thinking About It!

Votes: 22 11.8%

• Total voters

CT7_466

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several free cloud desktops available - such as GlideOS. (IPhone and IPad use the mobile page that doesn't require Flash). Keep docs, presentations, spreadsheets, photos, etc, on the server for access from any computer (yes works cross platform). Calendar also - just like an in-box OS. MobileMe sounds like a major waste of money.

candafilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried it, but it didn't offer much more than our Exchange server does. We are switching our company to Google Apps so it's even less likely I'll try it again.

magrat22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep reading people are not choosing MM because they can get the same services with dropbox or google docs. MM offers so much more, on top of the device syncing, 20 gb storage, 200 gb transfer allowance, photo sharing, remote wipe, backup and you can host your website there. I use google docs and dropbox but for me MM really is the complete package.

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using MM for the last year to keep my laptop and iPhone in calendar and contacts sync but since I added my iPad I am getting a huge number of duplicates on my iPhone. I haven't had the time to figure out why so I turned off syncing for the time being and cleared my iPhone.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are they freaking kidding? Apple hasn't come out with iPad versions of their own Mobile Me apps? That is lame as a three-legged turtle... I'll give them until the trial period is up, but no way am I paying to use an iPhone app.

Skyenet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had Mobile.me for quite a few years now. I did set up a Touch with remote wipe/location but none of that helped recover it. I bought the Touch directly from Apple online and therefore I feel that they should assist in the recover of my stolen Touch if the Touch is ever used to connect to iTunes. The can tell the serial number of Touch when it connects so can track the usage of a stolen item.

Go on Apple help locate stolen/lost iPods, we spend a fortune on items with you, or do you think well if somebody steal a customers computer/ipod then they will just come back and replace it by buying another one. Unfortunately I had not taken out the extra insurance clause on my insurance policy as I was unemployed at the time, so its loss was not covered. Needless to say I am insured now.

Loving my new iPad and finding it so useful, just hope I don't ever loose it because I wouldn't have much faith in getting it back, despite the technology being readily available to do so.

Joe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do, and happened to find it quite expensive for the rough sart i had with it (there were numerous issue in the beginning)
then i did question myself also about the service price vs. quality...
but i cannot imagine my life without it anymore!

Kliang80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are they freaking kidding? Apple hasn't come out with iPad versions of their own Mobile Me apps? That is lame as a three-legged turtle... I'll give them until the trial period is up, but no way am I paying to use an iPhone app.

Same

328iGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I agree on this! as a MM subscriber from the beginning, I must say I am a bit annoyed. :mad:

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We use the family pak version of MobileMe and we love the syncing option. Our family contacts and calendars are synced so any changes/additions are updated on each of our devices. iDisk is very handy as well

Most reactions

Latest posts